Found Another Good Spot - Barb's Dutchmill Herb Farm

North Plains, OR(Zone 8a)

Pretty close to my favorite place, Recycled Gardens, is this small, one woman herb farm. I visited this morning and Barb is a delight!

All her herbs are organically grown. She grows outdoors, so everything appears very hardy. Some of the plants are what she calls "grumpy" from the winter and she won't sell those until they cheer up.

Her prices are excellent and she is very friendly and more than willing to help you choose, give you planting and growing advice, etc.

I bought two Lavender, both good size, a 'Nana Alba' and a 'Violet Intrigue', Horseradish, a huge Rosemary 'Tuscan Blue' (already 2' tall and flowering), Chocolate Mint, and Narrow Leaf Chives. She gave me a good sized Lovage because she wants me to try it.

I planted everything this evening and am impressed with size and vigor of all of the plants. She had quite a few Thyme, as well, which is something I wanted, but she said they were grumpy and I should check back next month.

If you are on the northwest side of Portland and are an herb and people lover I suggest a stop at Barb's.

She has no sign and her business is behind her house out in the country at the end of a dead end road, so I suggest you phone before visiting. Someone seems to be home and answering the phone most of the time.

Happy planting!

Roni

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Do you have her address and phone number? I'd like to go there next time I'm down in that area.

Gwen

North Plains, OR(Zone 8a)

6640 NW Marsh Rd
Forest Grove, Oregon 97116-8023

Phone: (503) 357-0924

It is not hard to find if you know the area. Ask Barb for road names - I just drive there.

Roni

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.