New Zone, Lots of Questions

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

But for today, I have this one. Maybe I shall throw in a second one for the road.

This first photo is my Chinese Evergreen Wisteria. Evidently only evergreen in Ft Lauderdale. During the cold temps and intermittent freezing (short periods only) this winter, the foliage all died back. I wasn't sure it would come back, but I have new growth down near the bottom now. Should I be pruning this to get rid of what appears to be dead wood? How far back should I cut it?

Thanks on this one.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

The second question is about Night Blooming Jasmine.

Jnana gave this to me last fall. Evidently it had been quite large and she had cut it back drastically. When it was in Lauderdale, it still had some green on it.

I brought it north in a huge pot and it spent 1/2 of the winter that way. I finally planted it in the ground and it still looks like this.

Please what is the prognosis. If it is not dead, how long will I wait to see life?

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

To check the vines and the jasmine for life, scratch the bark with your fingernail. If it is green underneath, it is alive. If it is brown and dry, cut it off.
The Evergreen Wisteria should be okay, the jasmine...........well, it doesn't like to freeze.

Thanks Calalily

Molly
:^)))

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.