Garden wall problem

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

I came home last night to find that part of my garden wall had fallen. About 6 feet of it. The top paving stone or coping has fallen off and several bricks just below it. I've hurriedly set the broken parts to one side so that nobody can be injured. There's a group of lads who hang around that corner and they may have been sitting on it or generally fooling around. This is a low wall, by the way.

Now, I need to get this fixed. Big problem is that coping on the top of the wall isn't made any more. The nearest alternative is thinner and not as robust.

I can't afford to have the whole wall done; I only want this section fixed.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Help!!!!

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Sorry not to have been any help on this Diane. Have you managed to get it fixed?

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

Maybe you should try a reclamation yard, if you have one local. You may just find a replacement coping stone, but, be prepared to haggle.

Not any further on. My window cleaner thinks he knows someone, a friend of his with a thick Irish accent. Man seems to be a Jack of all trades though, so I'm not expecting anything to come from this.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Has anyone heard from Diane? It's been a couple of months since I've noticed her posting. I miss her wonderful stories!!
Deb

Hello Deb

I'm still here but haven't posted in a while. Very busy practising material to tell and sing at the folk clubs. Good news is I have a school in the autumn for me to go and practise my stories as a volunteer. I'm hoping to put together a set and then go for it as a professional sometime next year.

I have ups and downs with my learning but the trend is upward. I went down very well last night at the Globe.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

That's good news Diane

Thanks for asking the question momcat - I'd been wondering too, but hadn't gone the final step

Wall is still broken though. :( I haven't found anyone yet.

Got a couple of folk festivals coming up soon. Saltburn Folk Festival this weekend and Whitby Folk Week coming the weekend after it. Am staying in Whitby for the week in a B & B. Looking forward to them both, particularly Whitby.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi, Great to hear from you. My mom (DJM906 on DG) has been asking me if you had been posting any new stories. She has been in the hospital for several months, but is due to come home in the next week or so. She is constantly keeping me updated on your activities, even if I miss them myself!!
Deb

Hello momcat. Sorry to hear that your mom has been poorly; I hope she is recovering now. I hadn't seen her for a while and was wondering where she had got to.

Today I have been at Saltburn Folk Festival. Very enjoyable! I sang three songs in the singarounds. Got lots of compliments with them!!!

Give my regards to your mother.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.