Coconut trunk seat

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

We had 6 tall, 90-year old coconut palm trees. They were getting old and bearing less fruit. But the reason for their felling was that it was posing dangers to the neighbourhood esp. during storms. The swaying made us tense. Even the fruits and fronds were posing threat to the houses under them. So, they had to be brought down. Bringing them down, is a specialized art and profession too. They bring it down in pieces without damage to life and property. So, they charge a high fee.

We had actually got them cut to size meant for firewood. But since the cutting was so neat, my mother thought that I might do something out of the few good pieces. This is what I have done --much to the thrill of people that visit my house. It lies in the verandah.

Dinu

Thumbnail by Dinu
This thread has 22 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!