I found Hibiscus Liners Cheap

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

woo hoo http://hibiscusandmore.net/ doesn't say anything about a minimum order. Liners are 2.95 ea. are shipped priority with no handling charge for liners

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

Thanks Donna!!!
I lost all but one of mine also and have been trying to contact Carol myself to see if she was going to start selling anytime soon. Shipping is rather expensive from this company, but I am hoping that maybe they are a little larger, because some are supposed to be in 4.5 in pots. I'll keep you posted when I get mine. I ordered today, and got an email stating 2-5 business days for shipping.
Thanks again Donna.
Janet

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I clicked on this link and it welcomed me as Janet... Weird.. Then I could see all of Janet's info, personal info and ordering info.. I d- mailed her to let her know.. This scared me and I would be wary to order from here..How could this happen..Just went there again and it still welcomed me as Janet, from Ocean Springs MS, with all of her info still showing,,even how she was paying....How could this be?

Larkie

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Wow that is scary. I wanted to orde also but hesitated due to the shipping.They are so pretty.

LMK what they look like and check in to why you info could be seen.

Blessings,
Sandy ^8^

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

oh no. You e-mailed Janet. Going to check now to see if it is still doing it. Maybe she didn't log out. Don't think I logged out but haven't ordered yet either.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

it is coming up needing to sign in for me. Maybe it just took a few minutes to clear it out.

I did log out, but when I went back after seeing this, it said "Welcome back Dorothy".
I emailed them and she is checking into the problem. It was a quick response on her part.
Whatever it is, I don't think it is intentional, and she does have a phone # on the site posted and you can fax in or phone in an order. Now that I think of it, her site didn't have one of those little locks on it that says it is secure. Although, I did pay with paypal, so my bank info is still secure. Thanks Larkie for letting me know so quickly.
Janet

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I went after Dorothy the other night and did not see hers. and I registered but was there before you Janet and just did not post anything here. I assume you did not see my stuff.

Do you think because you are both in MS has something to do with it?You both got hit by Katrina? Right? I just went back and it wants me to sign in. Anyway just a thought since you both live in that area.

Blessings,
Sandy ^8^

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Was the Dorothy, me? I wanted to get a few but was having a hardtime with the sight. I kept getting Janet's info. My basket was all mixed up with plants that I wasn't ordering so I just left the sight and figured I would go back later and see if I could figure it out. I haven't had time though yet.

Dott

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

I made my order today with no problems(that I know of anyway)

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Ok, pardon my ignorance, but what is a "liner"? I looked at ordering but don't know what that means...

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

it is a rooted plug (very small plant) of what ever flower you are buying.

Sounds like you and me were on at the same time, Dorothy.
That's crazy!!
I emailed her again, to let her know all of this. Still waiting on a response.
I ordered Sat. p.m. Her website said shipping 2-3 days and she ships on Mon and Tues., with some orders shipped same day as ordering. So, I should get mine any day now. I'll let you all know how it turns out!!
I think most of the info, other than how I paid for my order, was not information that couldn't be found on the internet anyway. Luckily, I paid with paypal and that kept my most private info secure.
I am glad that I posted that I was ordering, which helped Larkie figure out who it was. I didn't know who Dorothy was, at the time, or I would've contacted her sooner. I didn't see any of her info, must've been before she ordered.
Janet

http://www.gardeningandmore.com/
Cheryl emailed me and said she spoke with her tech people and they think that there was a bad link to the site, so I emailed her the link at the top of this post. I am waiting for a response. Meanwhile, I got another link to her site and thought I'd post it and maybe we could try this link and see what happens.
lmk
Janet

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 9a)

OK...I am going to show 'newbie' to gardening face.

What are 'liners'?

Dee

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

it is a very small very well rooted piece of a plant, like when you plant little plants in the 6 or 9 cell packs at your nursery. You would pot your liner up in a 4" pot untill it is full of roots, then bump it up to a pint until full of roots, then up to gal, then it would be safe to go into the ground or very large pot

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 9a)

Thank you so much. I checked out the site listed on this thread and it looks like that is really the way to go...unless of course...you need instant gratification.

Dee

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank goodness Dee asked what a liner is. I was perplexed. So a liner is just a very small hibiscus and you keep potting it up until you have a nice plant? I may have to buy some of these liners.

I am usually on the tomato forum, but I do have a couple of very nice hibiscus that I just love. My neighbor has a huge one that has really gorgeous big flowers. They want to propagate it for me but neither of us know how to do it. Can someone give me instructions please?

Thanks,
Michelle

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Hey, I just found the same wesbite! I ordered about a half a dozen new varieties. LOL!

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Michelle I have moderate success rooting them in water in a very sunny warm window. Trim all but top couple of small leaves. Usually about 3 weeks in water changing it every other day and put a tiny drop of ??? in it(can't think of the name right this second lol) When it gets little roots pot it up keep in warm bright(not full sun) location but don't keep the soil to wet now. Grow as you would a liner

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Donna, thanks so much. Is there anyplace in particular on the stem that I should cut off? Should it be about 2 or 3"? Root starter? Is that what you are thinking of? I can put it in my sunroom. warm, bright light and no direct sun. Keep the soil moist but not wet? My Coleus starters I keep the soil pretty wet. So I am guessing do not keep the hibiscus cutting as wet?

Thanks, sorry for the additional quesitons.

Michelle

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Michelle it is a liquid in a brown bottle. Can buy at Lowes, Wal Mart etc. about 8 dollars for a 4 oz bottle. I usually use about 5 to 6" cuttings very thin stem. I always pot deeply about half the stem. I have never tried with very hard wood cuttings. Keep in full sun while in the water then go to bright light when you pot up. Maybe Hibiscus will make a comment. She is really good at rooting the big hard wood cuttings

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

It is Superthrive in the little brown bottle. Great stuff.

DonnaB sorry to butt in, you are just like me. I forget even the simpliest words sometimes. Let alone things like this. ;o) LOL

Blessings,
Sandy ^8^

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

that's it Sandy lol

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Ah, superthrive. excellent. Thanks so much. I am going to try this and I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Blessings to you too Sandy!

Michelle

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the link Donna. I ordered 8 liners for less than I paid for two hibiscus online.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Your welcome. And it is the same price at walmart or lowes by just a few cents.

Blessings,
Sandy ^8^

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I hope y'all will post when you receive your order's for the liners.. Let us
know how they look..

Larkie

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Is this Carols website? Janet did you here back on the link?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Since you wonderful ladies told me how to start a new hibiscus off a cutting from my neighbor's plant, I did it yesterday and it looks good. I'll let y'all know how it goes. So far so good.
Michelle

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

no Sandy this is not Carol's website.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks Donna.

Blessings,
Sandy ^8^

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Got my refund today from Cheryl..

Larkie

(Zone 11)

I was thinking about placing an order from this site...Has anyone recieved plants yet that can give a report on what they recieved? Thanks.

Thumbnail by Dave67
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

her supplier didn't come through with the plants. Don't make an order. She has given us refunds

(Zone 11)

Oh.....Sorry about that, thanks for the report.Any other sources for Hibiscus liners?

Thumbnail by Dave67
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

not that I could find yet. Still hoping Carol will sell hers again on e-Bay

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

I love that orange red bloom. Does she have a name?

(Zone 11)

cjolene,

If your talking about the first photo, its called "Volcano Rain".
Although this flower does not have as much "rain" as it normaly does (yellow spots).

The second photo is of a "Jane Cowl" that doesnt look like it normally does for a double.
I sometimes get these cool looking doubles after a cold spell...

Heres another from my double red....

Thumbnail by Dave67

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.