Easter Lillies from the store, will they grow ?

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

If you plant the Easter Lillies that you can purchase at the stores, will they grow in your regular flower garden ? I always think it is such a waste to throw them out after Easter. I live in zone 6.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Peggie, I'm in z8 and they come back for me. Try it.........what do you have to lose???????

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Peggie, I am planting mine and I am in zone 6 too. My older neighbor has one that returns every year. It doesn't bloom at Easter, but still lovely. She planted her's at least 6 inches deep.
Teresa

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yep, they'll come back. Mine are up for the third year ~ I rescued them from somebody's trash. Just leave the foliage intact and cut it off when it dies back.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Occasionally I've had Easter lilies produce another bloom stalk in the summer of the same year it was planted. So certainly worth a try; you may even get a suprise this year.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I was given one after it bloomed. I planted it outside. It bloomed the next year. It was a short plant with full sized blooms. Last year I dug up 14 bulbs and replanted them. I'm anxious to see how they look.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.