Would anyone want to take a tour at Iris City Gardens ?

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Just checking, my sister and I are planning a trip there soon. Any DGs want to go as a day trip?
Teresa

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I have been pondering the idea of a trip there myself. It is a 6 hour or better drive from here, so I don't know that I would want to do a 'day' trip myself. But I would love to try to meet you there. When were you looking to go? I might be able to work it in!

deb

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Well, I called the owner and he told me around the first week of May should really be good. My TBs are not out yet. I know they are earlier than I am. We planned on going last year but didn't make it. He is in my daylily club. MTDS based in Nashville.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I am going to Holland MI for the tulip festsival on May 6th (Saturday). The next week/weekend would work for me if you would like to do it then. Sounds like fun! I am wanting more siberians and japanese and they bloom after the TB's. I have been wanting to make a trip for a couple of years now, but it just never seems to work out. Maybe this year will be the year!

deb

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Deb, what is the earliest that you could go? My sister has been on the Tulip tour and loved it. She is semi-retired and is Mississippi this week. I will have to get with her too, for a firm date. I have some Sibs, but not any J. Iris. A few L. too.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

After looking at the calendar and checking pay dates, after May 12th would work the best for me.

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

I posted on your other thread. I would love to go if I can work out the time with you. May is a busy month for me too, after the 12th would also be better. I can usually go any day except Wed. and can work that out if need be. There are a couple of great nurserys in the area. A nice Wildflower nursery and Morning Glorry Farm. Both were at the Nashville Lawn and Garden Show.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Betty
I will check with my sister and see if she is working that week. We both had planned on touring it together. We enjoyed the Nashville Lawn and Garden show too. So Wildflower and Morning Glory Farm are near Iris City Gardens? Do they have a website? I may try to Google and see.

Teresa

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

You almost pass both of them on the way to Iris City, maybe a mile off the main road. I don't think that they have a web site but they may. Morning Glory Farm is also called "Trees Company". The three nurserys support each other. All three have information on the other two.

Betty

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

That is good, I antique a lot and most shops have a antique brochure showing where the others are located so that it might lure you into their area!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I will keep watching and see what date you come up with. If it is through the week, I will need to ask off from work a couple of days. If you decide on a Friday, I will only need to take off one day. Sounds like fun!

deb

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I let you know as soon as she gets home. I think it will be fun to have a group go and maybe have lunch together. Would you want to meet and ride down together?

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

That sounds like a plan!

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Sounds good to me.

Betty

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.