Foxfire Botanical Gardens,Tour, Lunch & PPoint Presentation

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Hi All,

Just thought I'd post some info here hoping there would be some interest. I am trying to get a group from DG together for a tour of Foxfire Gardens,,,,, given by Linda ( The owner of the Botanical Gardens,,,,on the philosophical aspect of garden design), lunch and Power Point presentation on the correct way to care for hostas.

Foxfire usually charges for the tour and Steve (one of the owners) usually charges between $1000.00 and $2000.00 for the presentation. They would do these for us at No charge. This is a link to their web site if you want to look around. http://005300c.netsolhost.com/pages/1/index.htm Foxfire is located in Central Wisconsin.

The only charges would be for:

Lunch
Box $5.55
Individually wrapped sandwiches on whole wheat or white, Ham or Turkey, Swiss, Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese, lettuce, tomato, butter and mayo. Bag of chips, fresh fruit, cookie and soda or bottled water.

Basket $10.55
Seafood Chef Salad,
Chef Salad,
Cobb Salad,
Ham & Swiss Sub Sandwich
Turkey and Monterey Jack Cheese Sub Sandwich
Basket includes: cranberry muffin or hard roll, fresh fruit, cheese, bottled water, Sun Chips and a chocolate cow pie.

We can order 2 of each kind of box lunch and/or 2 of each kind of basket lunch. We CAN Not order differently for each individual. We would have to agree on 2 of each.

Hotel

I received the list of hotels, prices and locations. The closest one to Foxfire (approx. 3 1/2 to 4 miles) with the best rate is:

Super 8 Motel
1651 North Central Ave.
Marshfield, WI
1 (715) 387-2233
1-800-800-8000
Single or Double room is 48.98 Doesn't say if this includes tax.

Shopping
They have a great selection of Hostas and a really quaint cute gift shop which has all kinds of interesting little items.

Again, Foxfire Usually charges for a guided tour and $1000.00 to $2000.00 for the Power Point presentation on the correct care of hostas. We would NOT be charged Anything for either.

I Can't think of a Better way to spend Saturday, August 5th from 10 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Any takers?
Kelly

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

Wish I was closer - this sounds great!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Stacy,

It will be. Hope you'll think about coming up for it. I cant wait!!!!!

Kelly

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

It's a pretty good haul from here, but I'm thinking about it.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

That would be great.

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

I can't believe all our Wisconsin butterflies on the map aren't all over this!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Stacy,

I can't either. I thought there would be WAY more interest. I guess if I can't get enough interest from DG members, I'll either have to cancel or see if any customers/friends would like to go. I've mentioned it to a few and they were just wishing they could go.

7+ acres of beautiful gardens, strolling paths, hidden gardens, waterfalls with Koi ponds. A nice lake in the middle, meditation gardens, tea house, Free tour on the philosophical aspects of gardening and a Free Power Point presentation on the correct care of hostas. The whole day would be Wonderful.

Kelly

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

Try posting a link to this is UMW coffee?

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Already there Stacy. Hosta Forum also. So far I have 5 people that are willing to commit.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Just wanted to give some more info.

We need a minimum of 20 - 25 people to commit by the end of the month. Right now we have 5 or 6. If we don't get enough people to definitely commit, I will have to cancel so Linda can book something else that day.

Please read the first post and let me know if you are interested. This is an excellent opportunity

Thanks, Kelly

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

Sounds like this one died on the vine - I would have jumped at it had I been closer!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Stacy,

Yes it did,,,I Really wish we could have done this. It is a Great deal (free) for all of the info we would have received that day.

Unless 15 more people commit by the end of the month, I'll be e-mailing Linda and cancelling so she can book something else.

Those of us that have already commited, maybe we could drum up a couple or 3 friends each?

Kelly

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know tomorrow I will be e-mailing Linda at Foxfire and cancelling our Tour and presentation. We needed at least 20 people and we only have 5 or 6 that have commited. So, if we don't have at least 20 by the end of the day today, I'm going to have to cancel.

Sorry to those who really wanted to go,,,,I'm really bummed.

Kelly

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that was planning to come to the tour that I had to cancel cause we didn't have enough people. Sorry about that. I was Really looking forward to it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.