Iris Blooming 4-19-06

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

This iris started opening yesterday. The color is so intense that I can't capture it all, has a really velvety texture, and is big with lots of ruffles.

'CRANBERRY COOLER' Dunn 1995, AIS Honorable Mention 1999 (from the plant files)

This message was edited Apr 19, 2006 3:57 PM

Thumbnail by gonzomamma
Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's a side shot of CRANBERRY COOLER.

Sandy

Thumbnail by gonzomamma
Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

ROLE MODEL

Thumbnail by gonzomamma
Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

DOUBLE SCOOP

Thumbnail by gonzomamma
Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

I was hoping the color on this iris would be more vivid, but It's pretty in a subtle way.

Sandy

BERRY BLUSH

Thumbnail by gonzomamma
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

sounds like beautiful ones.. I can't see them..

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh my gosh, I can't see them either! They were here when I first posted them. I'm not very technical, I hope it wasn't something I did.

Sandy

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

I'll try posting Cranberry Cooler again.

Thumbnail by gonzomamma
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Something has been going on with the pics. There were other threads that the pics disappeared.

Cranberry Cooler is beautiful! I've added it to my 'want' list!

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Apparently the pics only show up for a few minutes, then poof they're gone. I did see the same thing going on in a couple of other threads.

I think I'll wait and see if the pics come back, if not, I'll repost them another day.

Sandy

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I suspect the disappearance of pics has something to do with Dave adding a new server today. It's happening all over the site. Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow!

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

gonzomamma--Would you please try again when the posting mechanism works? I'd love to see your iris.

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks. It looks like things are up and running here. I have to rush out now, but I'll repost the pics later today.

I think I'll start a new thread though. :-)

Sandy

Edit: Never mind, they're all back.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2006 3:47 PM

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sandy, those are some mighty nice looking irises!! I love those photos you take too. I hope you get a chance to load them up on Dave's Plant files. Glad to see you are enjoying your irises. I'm enjoying them too!! :-)

~Margie

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

This is our first week of real spring, so the iris are starting to pop. Many of these normally bloom in March. This is my first year with iris, so I am enjoying it.

Thanks Margie, and I am going to be adding more to the Plant Files. I added 'Point in Time' and 'Rock Star' to the files. I'm still trying to capture the true color of 'Cranberry Cooler'. I got pretty close by adjusting the white balance, but it's so intense and rich that it's eluding me.

CC was a substitution on an order, and I thought it was just purple from the pics I had seen, but it knocked my socks off when it bloomed.

Sandy

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's another one that bloomed today. One of the standards was kind of lazy, but I like the color.

FASHION PASSION

Thumbnail by gonzomamma
Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Cranberry Cooler and Fashion Passion are lovely. Great pics!

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks. I really prefer the intense colors over the pastels. I don't really care for Berry Blush, but it's very vigorous.

Here's a lighter colored one that I do like. It's not outstanding from a distance, but it's pretty up close.

GNU BLUES

Thumbnail by gonzomamma
Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's another view of 'Gnu Blues", I like the blue tipped beard. This iris is prettier in person, but make sure you click for the enlarged view to appreciate it.

Thumbnail by gonzomamma

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.