e-shopping gardening consumables in the EU?

Rethymno, Crete, Greece(Zone 10b)

Any link to some site where I could order plastic labels for my plant pots, would be very welcome - I just can't find these here. I need the white (100mm x 12mm) plastic white blank labels.

thank you

Dimitri

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Dimitri,

i do not order the labels, i make my own label: using vinyl venetian blinds. sometimes, i see them during trash days. i take them home and wash. then i cut them accdg to size i need.

if not, i go to walmart or home depot and buy the cheapest vinyl i can get. cut them up. i use mechanical pencil with #9 lead to write on the vinyl. it never fade, in fact it last even in the sun. i have some labels that is 4 yrs old, still look brand new todate.

using the vinyl blind, is almost free and no shipping to pay. jmo.

if u still want to buy, lmk and i will do some research for u, i know they are out there somewhere.

Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

Hi Dimitri, I buy my labels from N.A. Kay's Horticltural Products. Their web site is www.kaysdiscountgarden.co.uk, but it may not be of use to you as I don't know whether they export and the cost of postage would be as much as the labels. Their catalogue has much more choice than is shown on the web with labels of all different shapes, sizes and colours so it might be worth a try if you don't have any luck elsewhere.

Hello Rose, long time since we last spoke together;

thanks for your info and the idea with Venetian blinds; venetian blinds are not much good in Crete, the sunshield needs to be outside the windows if it is to be effective.

Hi Pat, the link is not working at the moment, but thank you anyway.

What I did was buy A4 vinyl sheets that are used as backs for photocopy sets with ringbinders. I cut them to strips and now to little labels, about 12mm x 70mm, and they look fine. I spent my afternoon cutting.

THE ONLY TROUBLE IS I CANNOT SPEND MY DAY LIKE CRUSOE TRYING TO LIGHT A FIRE FROM SCRATCH

I wish I could pay a couple of euros somewhere and get some labels and get on with my notes on my seedlings and bulbs and cuttings.

Still, thanks for your ideas.

Dimitri

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

These people export from the UK Dimitri.
I've found them excellent, so hope they have what you are looking for
http://www.theessentialscompany.co.uk/

Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

Thanks for another good link Hilary. I must try to be more adventurous on the internet.

Philomel thank you , I already answered some comments on the other thread (EuRR).

D

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

You jogged my memory on this one Dimitri - I think they have some things I'm looking for too, so thanks. Have a great Easter in Athens....
Hope you find something there too Pat :)

Tuscany - Italy, Italy(Zone 9a)

You reminded me Samaria Gourge and of course all Crete and wonderfuk nature art and history !! The cradle of all our culture .

I ordered my labels at Baumaux as the ones I find in Italy are more expensive

Angelo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.