Step into my greenhouse.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's what you see when you open the door.
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This is the mater house. These were planted Sunday. We added peppers this year. Potted, Burpless cucumbers will go along the left wall.
Bernie

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Close-up of peppers.

Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

That is just beautiful - and so neat looking and tidy! I can't even get my livingroom look that nice. LOL Dotti

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Bernie---Do you never have desease problems growing those tomatoes in the same ground soil every year?

I wish so badly that I could grow my tomatoes in the ground in the greenhouse but I am scared of deseases.
Afraid if i put a greenhouse up for the ground grown tomatoes that the soil will carry a desease and I will have to move the greenhouse.

How hot does your greenhouse get in the middle of summer? My greenhouse gets soooooooo hot.

Thanks for any info you can offer.

Cricket

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

No disease, I think this is the 8th year in the same soil. We till it with our troybuilt, add some fertilizer, a little treflan sprayed on, till it all in & good to go.
Only probelm last year was a few whiteflys late in the season. Sprayed them with OFF Yard & Garden spray, that took care of them.
Hot ? Of course, but fans do a good job. Put new plastic on this year & new wood along the bottom. We got a bunch of doors we can open on the sides for ventilation.
This house sits east-west with a hugh tree on the west end. That helps keep it cool in the afternoon.
Bernie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.