Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

First bloom on Coral Charm peony ,
bleached white from
2 days of 90°+ degree temps.
Doing rain dances here
Will send SASE for rain? LOL

Thumbnail by tazzy

it all same plant white bloom is 3 days old.
It so hot here ..............?

Thumbnail by tazzy
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

nice. new one?.. lovely..

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

You are right there. It is a hot one here.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Whew! We are now having a cold spell (temp is down to 86 degrees now) after a high of 98 yesterday! I was sweatin like crazy outside yesterday! LOL We need rain here soooooo bad. I can't imagine my water bill and my electric bill this summer.....Ooooooooo, sweating just thinking about it! LOL

Compton, AR(Zone 6a)

Wow! I'm sure sorry you are all suffering such heat. We have had the high 80s the past three days. It was about to get to me today, but tomorrow is supposed to be much cooler. We are beginning to need a good rain, but nothing is predicted until possibly next monday. It sure is not good for all the new growth and the flowers.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

we need raun badly badly. every morning it looks cloudy overcast then out pops sun. this morning came out went under little wind rain.. NO .. send rain somebody.. w. Virginia is having to much i was told i, will take some it. i'm going to try a one legged rain dance anyone else????

Twyla

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Me too Twyla, and the forecasters think if they put a 'chance' in the forecast that is all it takes.

My daughter in Indiana is flooding and we don't have a drop.

Susan
=^..^=

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Same here, absolutely no rain at all. We certainly thought the forcast for Thursday night was going to be right, but nope.....Texas got it all. LOL

My biggest concern is the water rationing that is going to happen should we not get much rain. That really bothers me. I have soooooooooooooooooo many plants to water and they are NUTS if they think I'm not gonna water!

maybe rain tonight ? Right ?
azalea done in ,columbines dried up ,
iris lasting one day.
losing way to many plants even when i water

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Susan did get rain looked like was going to have it storm last night? we did not i thought sure .. its overcast this morning AGain,cool but rain? I think I will do that one legged dance .. we need ittttttt...... Have good day all..

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Point that leg in the SW direction Twyla....we need it too!

it thundered twice but not a drop? ( SIGH )

It's thundering now, but may go just north of us. ugghhh...I want rain but don't want to blow away or get hit in the head with hail.

Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Susan
=^..^=

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Susan got caught out in it was big hail sounded like baseballs on roof could not see to drive hardly i had to go to p.o. seemed clear left house.. ah okla. weathter 15 min . later wow.. got so black..it got really wet .. then quit all in about 20 min. to....

We got black as night, wowee, the solar lights came on in the garden. Had hail but wasn't too big.

We got an inch of rain, but they got two inches in town. At least we got the inch. Makes me happy for a couple of days. Looks like more heading in soon. Hope so.

Susan
=^..^=

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

was dime quarter size sure sunded lots bigger quarter i was scared break windshield . ground got good wet , i think.. yard was flooded..

Compton, AR(Zone 6a)

It got almost as dark as night here also. I had layed down for an afternoon nap. The sun was shining. When I woke up, about an hour and a half later, it was dark , at 3 PM! Then the rain hit, and it was coming in sheets. Thank God, we didn't get any hail, or damaging winds. We got an inch of rain, with thunder and lightning, but nearby areas got much more, and some got hail.
It is sunny again.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Whew! That was close! We just got out of the cellar. Sirens blew here for almost an hour. We had tornadoes all around, it took out an airport just to the west of us. And we got rain....wooooohoooo! And I mean we really got some rain. And of course, we got plenty of hail and high wind with it to. It sounded horrible while we were in the cellar and I'm not sure how big. I'm thinking about golfball sized. Luckily DH hauled most of my plants inside before it hit. He sure is a good guy! LOL

We had another really good rain this evening. No wind to speak of, lots and lots of lightning. Very loud!!

Didn't go back out and check the rain gauge, but I'm bettin we got another inch easy.

Gonna be cold tomorrow. Or it will seem like it after 80's and 90's. Won't get out of the 50's and have a north wind. Brrrr........

BUT I don't have to water anything. LOL

Glad you are OK Brinda. I was thinking about you when I saw the tornado on TV.

Susan
=^..^=

Compton, AR(Zone 6a)

Another inch of rain for us last night, with only mild thunder and lightning, little wind, and no hail. Wonderful!
Highs are to be about 10 degrees cooler that the past 2 or 3 days, ( 60s), with mid 30s for the lows tonight and tomorrow night.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I'm so glad to hear you Okies finally got some much needed moisture from heaven. Tazzy, did you get any of this? We got about 1 1/2" over the weekend. We needed it badly also. Holly, our dearest DIL who loves about a block across the pasture, waters daily. But she doesn't have as much as we do as she is just getting started. I prefer to set the soaker hoses or sprinklers and let them run for hours. That waters very deeply so I don't have to water as often. I need to get mulch down too. She is doing mulching also. We have about 4 dumptruck loads of wood chips from the electric line crews. One left from last year.

I potted some flower seeds in pots and labeled them. Most are reseeders. I'll take some to Holly and little Skyler this morning. He loves to help his mommy plant seeds and is so proud when the little baby plants come up. There are so many seeds in most packages that I really need to share to get them all used up.

Guess I'll work on getting those fruit trees cut up more and out of the yard today. There is a lot of lopping to do on one of them. The other one I think I can just tie to the mower and pull off intact. I hope so. I am so tired today from everything I did yesterday.

I invested in a better drill/screwdriver unit yesterday. B & D 12 V. pivoting unit. The last one was a 6 V, and the quick connect had stopped disconnecting most of the time. This one is more powerful tho bulkier and if I don't like it as well I can return it too. I need to get the trellis job finished so I can plant those pots at the bottom of it. I'm thinking maybe cukes plus portulaca at the base of them. Or a mint, etc. Anyone have any ideas? We accidentally grew birdhouse gourds near there a couple years and they did fine. I know there is only mid to late afternoon sun in that area but maybe cukes would do ok. That would be so handy.

Mrs. G. the guinea hen has been calling for a mate for weeks now. Sometimes I can yell at her and she will shut up for awhile, but then she starts in again. If it weren't for ticks she would not be here. We are all so tired of her noise. She must be at least 6 years old. We raised her from a tiny baby.

Did I ever mention on this forum about the plant markers I am making? I had 1 1/2" X 3" 24 guage steel stamped out by a local heating/AC place. Cost $35 for a few more than 200 of them. My employer has a rivit punch he is letting me use to put the holes in them. I started out using 3/32 welding rods for the wire but will soon switch to #9 wire for the sake of economy. I use paint sticks to write on them. Make sure the paint is well dried before putting them outside if you suspect rain soon because until it dries and hardens well the rains will wash it right off. I tried painting clear nail polish over it and the chemicals in the nail polish melted the paint so that wasn't a good idea. This way I can get them up in the air where we older folks don't have to bend over to see what we are looking at. I think the stakes are about 3' tall so by the time you bend them over on the plates and stick them several inches into the soil you still have about 24" height labels.

It is chilly today. I'll need a good sweatshirt as well as long pants to work outside most of the day I think. The mositure in the air makes it feel cooler too. The outdoor thermometer says 60*. Even with 2 or 3 windows open it is 75* in the house.

Must go get some work done. It won't do itself. GOD bless and keep each of you.

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

Ahhhhh Leaflady another plant marker maker in the house. I make mine also. I use 1/8 inch steel 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long. I weld these to 10 and 12 inch spike nails. they are indestrctable and can be driven with a hammer.

Monday we got about two inches of rain all at once
and also some of this .
One hit our roof , thank heaven none this size hit the
cars in our yard
got about two more inch today .
Hope 43 did good with her one leg dance LOL

Thumbnail by tazzy
Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

oh my goodness, that is some hail!!!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

LOL, I thought about Twyla when we were getting pelted with rain yesterday. Thank you Twyla.....ya dun good girlfriend!

Compton, AR(Zone 6a)

Hmmm, aren't Twyla and Tazzy two differant people?

Tazzy, I'm glad that hail didn't dent your vehicles. I guess it didn't damage your roof either?

We recieved 2 and 1/2 inches of rain yesterday. It is nice and sunny now, but the wet weather stream is flowing down our driveway in front of our house. I am not complaining. I only hope the head of our drive has not washed out, and that I can get across the gully with my little car.

Yes
Twyla and i are two different people she lives in Tulsa i live about 20 miles west in Sand Spring , we have been friends for $#% years

Compton, AR(Zone 6a)

Ah yes, Twyla is hope43. Brinda's post confused me....or rather, I thought she was confused......:-)

Tazzy," $#% years"? Were they that bad? LOL

It is clouding up again here ( or "clabbering up" , as my DH says). I got out of our driveway okay this morning, even though there is a gully. So far, so good.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

LOL Marian....I STAY confused!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

yeah girls i did good dance head split open forehead ankle black blue i got stuck in it good... and we are exactly 7 miles apart tulsa from sand springs.. 20 whoa mercy Tazzy please think, think 7 miles.. and know each other about 38 yrs and about 19 yrs no contact though REUNITED IN 2002.. I'm lets see? Tazzy is lets see?? aH WELL.

old is the word LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.