Southern Tier Dahlia Society Auction

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Just a reminder to the Newbies to find and go to your local autions, the best way to get dahlia's besides trading here, thanks again Annie! I took some tubers and bought some tubers and had a great time chatting dahlia's. I always sit next to Art Keefer, hybridizer of minis such as Annie B, joe K, Honka and about 40 others, very interesting old gentleman, knows all the dahlia's by classification numbers off the top of his head. I can't remember my name half of the time let alone all the numbers of dahlia's.

Anyway, fo $20.25 I got:

Kenora Wildfire A SC red
Mary joe Mini Pink
Harold O Mini Flame
Elma Elizabeth AFD Lav
Islander A pink
replacement for Honka
Robinhood ball
Hana Hitosuji AA cactus
Stephannie Ball
Tahiti Sunrise BB SC Y/R

I left early as it was getting dangerous, my Dh has to plow up some more land for what I had and now just a wee bit more. He is still rolling his eyes and he has forgotten about the ones coming in the mail. He just smiles and says" better dahlia's than being addicted to Thunderbird!! Just leave my veggie garden alone! You see his veggie garden is 20'x30' and the soil is so wonderful you could grow a boot out there, He is still standing his ground, LOL

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Looking good, Willow!
Totally understand about having to leave early. We need to tie our hands behind our backs when we walk into places like that, LOL
Am glad your DH just rolls his eyes. Since you both have something you can't give up, your marriage will last forever, LOL
Carol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.