Easter iris

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

photoed during the 98 degree heat wave Easter 2006

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oh Wow, Jackie! What a nice parade of irises. How are they holding up in that heat?

~Margie

they did great...that ruffled white had 5 blooms on it's stalk.......not all opened at the same time, but I thought that was great......and the pale creamed yellow is still blooming.. bloom period was not long for most of them, it never is, usually we have spring thunder storms here that tear them up, didn't get the storms this year......it was 103 (unusual) the Monday after Easter..beautiful low 80s ever since........go figure. We actually are in severe drought going into the third year and it isnt looking good for the summer very little spring rain to sustain. Fire danger has been really bad and many Okla rural residents have lost homes and crops.........I am glad you appreciated the pictures. What's a garden if it's beauty isn't shared?

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

very pretty this heat is awful
My iris only open one day and they are cooked

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Mine are rebounding some after the heat....Iris seem to deal better with it than many other plants

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

This was taken on the 19th

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

what a nice Easter with all the iris blooms!!!

kelly

steve, just beautiful.......

yes mine are hanging in there too, a better year for them it seems here........I love the photo of the bi-color......most of mine are pretty plain ( can an iris be plain?)..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.