Median ID please

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Somehow out of all the iris that I have here, this one lost it's tag.

I'm pretty sure that I bought it at the Snowpeak sale last fall though. Don't know if Denise is watching.

Thumbnail by doss
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Hi doss~

You know, that really doesn't look like a median to me. Could it be a renegade TB blooming early? If it is, I think it might be 'Test Pattern'. Here's my pic of it in the PF.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/69671/

I know it's darker in my picture, but it's a lot colder here than in sunny CA and the colors tend to stay darker on that one when it's colder.

Just a thought......

Laura

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Test Pattern is very close if the colors vary. The one in the garden pretty short though. I'll go measure it and come back with how tall it is. I don't think that it's over 18" high by any means.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

First year irises or irises subjected to stresses such as weather extremes can bloom on stunted stalks. I agree with Laura. The form of your flower looks TB to me, regardless of stalk height.

Laurie

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Then it's done. Denise also thinks that it's Test Pattern blooming short. Must have missed putting that one in my database!

Thanks so much.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

So glad you found the i.d. for that one! Sometimes my TB's that bloom early bloom short like that. :0)

Laura

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Sometimes mine just bloom short forever. I have two lady friends in two different places and they are significantly different heights every year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.