Are you too dry?

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

A lot of old-timers are saying this is the driest Spring they have seen in a long time. We have a rainfall deficit of approx 2 in.
I don't think I have ever used the waterhose this early in the season. Is this a foreboding of a dry, hot Summer?
DH and I are praying for rain.

Are you experiencing a drought?

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

we haven't had significatn rainfall since late LAST spring. it is predicted we will have another late spring with excessive rain. if we do, i promise to be out dancing in it as much as opssbile, as long as there are no tornado warnings or huge hail along with it!!! then, we are expected to have a drought in the summer... again.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes...hot 92F, power surges, rolling black outs...we may get some rain though in the next couple of days...very hot...the jungle in the back yard looks like it usually does in June.
Rj

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I am sorry to see others are dry too.

I have good news: we've had showers on and off since about lunch-time today!! With this also comes severe weather warnings all over the place. It's not a whole lot of rain, but I am grateful to God for every single drop. Supposed to be a chance for rain Thur as well.

I hope those that need it get rain, and those who are too wet can dry out a bit.

Rhinebeck, NY(Zone 5b)

we're awfully dry up here in the Hudson Valley of New York. The stream behind my house is at the level that's more typical of a dry spell in August. It's also been 10-15 degrees warmer than normal, beautiful but I'm afraid it's speeding up the spring flowers too much.

They say we might get rain this weekend...fingers crossed!

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Daisy,
I sure do hope and pray you get the rain you need!

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

We are getting rain now as I type this- PTL!! I do believe over the past 3 days we have went a very long way in making up our rain deficit.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I am so very grateful we got rain again today.
Hope everyone who needs it gets some, too!

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

Praying for rain here. Havent seen a drop of rain in a long time. We had a little bit of snow back in Febuary but other than that its been dry, dry, dry. If we get clouds/rain it evaporates before it hits the ground.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Plenty of rain here....maybe a little too much.......typical spring here.

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

We are much too dry here in coastal Carolina.I am using my rain barrels!

Natalia, TX(Zone 8b)

Broken hearted again today, all the rain storms are way north of us again.
No doubt we're in a drought (we're in the dark brown area of the map).
Dried up and down hearted south of ol' San Antone.

When it does rain, just like TamaraFaye, I will be out dancing in it!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by NaturzDiva
Walpole, NH(Zone 5a)

We've had an extremely dry spring here (Walpole NH), plus not much of a snow pack either. Have had a little rain lately, which has helped a little

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

rain that comes two hundredths of an inch at a time does not water anything, it barely settles the dust. My water bill is gonna be outta sight.

Natalia, TX(Zone 8b)

Rain and hail, oh well we'll take it anyway we can get it!

Thumbnail by NaturzDiva
Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh my! Hope no damage was done?

Dothan,, AL(Zone 8a)

Hot and dry here in the southeast corner of Alabama. We had some good rains about two weeks ago but the strong winds after the rain moved out dried everything out. My plants and lawn are pitiful.

Will try to water my plants but the lawn will just have to do without.

This message was edited May 22, 2006 3:04 PM

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

We had about 8 straight days of rain. It's the same rain that caused the New England flooding. Last 3 days have been mid 80's and beautiful.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Missouri could use some rain. Normally we get it but not this spring. Rain chances the next few days.

Cuckoo

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I have large areas of grass that are dying. Since I hate grass I don't mind that. But I know that my trees and shrubs are suffering too. Not to mention lakes, streams and water- wells.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

wells are becoming dry in this neck of the woods, in a nearby community the artesian well that has fed an entire neighborhood is having recovery time now ... it used to just flow.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I am so very sorry to hear that blooms. I will pray that God sends rain to fill those wells back up.

Are you on a well?

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

We seem to get too much rain nearly every year until the middle of June. This year has been no different. ...keep wanting more warmth.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Things are getting critical here. I am positive I am going to lose many shrubs and trees in my yard. Being on a well, I just cannot risk watering everyday. I am seriously looking into xeriscaping from now on. If its a water hog, it aint gonna be in my garden.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

It's dry up here too Berrygirl. I had to water my heavily mulched tomatoes yesterday, something I rarely have to do, but they were wilting in the mid day sun. Also, the cucurbites were all drooping and I took pity on them. Pray for rain!

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Rose,
Sorry to hear you're dry too. I started a thread on the prayer forum asking for prayer.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Good idea.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I wanted to post pix to show how the drought is so bad. Wish I knew how to post 2 pix in the same thread for a better comparison, but this will have to do.

This was my yard a month or so ago......

This message was edited Jun 18, 2006 10:31 AM

Thumbnail by berrygirl
Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

This was taken this morning....

Thumbnail by berrygirl
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

That is just heart breaking. I will pray harder for some rain for you.
Sidney

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

How sad for you. Our grass looks like that during the dry winters, but this being FL, as soon as it rains it greens up in a day or two. Now, of course, since we've had such a dry spring, it looked like that late into the year. Just now getting really green with a few showers.

Such a pretty house and yard, I hope you get rain SOON!
Pati

Looks like you might just get some rain today. I certainly hope so.
Sidney

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Pati and Sydney!

Did ya????

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

No...... :(

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Look at my dying ivy- yes I said ivy. I thought NOTHING could kill this stuff- lol!

Thumbnail by berrygirl
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

aww that's sad ...lawn gone and ivy too.... are you not allowed to water?
town just south of us the folks got the choice -- lawn /or/ plants and trees. Unfortunately it turned out if you don't water the lawn, the trees aren't getting any water at their feeder roots.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Berrygirl...I bet the Kudzu isn't drying up......takes more than dry weather to kill that stuff! If you don't get rain soon it may be the only green left. (sigh)
Pati

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Blooms,
I live in the country and am on a water well. I can't water like I want to b/c it could run our well dry. I'd rather have dead plants than no water.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow, some of our ivy looks like that but it is because dh sprayed the poison ivy with spectracide and some of it accidentally on purpose got the ivy. I would like to clear out that island anyway.

Debbie, start plugging the tub when you take showers to put on your special plants and also the dishwater and run off from the air conditioner. If we go into a full water ban (I'm crossing my fingers that won't happen) but that is what I will have to do.

Funny, though, the weeds still look nice and green. Huh?
Brenda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.