Our first critters-Easter bunnies!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

We finally got our first critters. I can't say it's really original but we got bunnies for Easter! These are Californians which are meat bunnies but we also got these for future fairs/4H showing. We went ahead and got pure bred papered bunnies so they'll earn their keep. We bought them from a really nice lady about half an hour from us. We paid a bit more than we originally intended but the lady was so nice, really enjoyed teaching the kids how to hold them, how to pose them, she tatooed them for us and really spent a lot of time showing us the different breeds she had, how to handle them, how to do their paperwork, etc. They were worth every dollar to see the kids happy and because the lady selling them truly enjoys and takes pride in what she does. I would not be surprised if we end up with Rex and Lionheads later. LOL

Our next step will be chickens. So all of you that have put up with my silly questions....see, I was listening. We are starting small and working our way up to more critters and larger critters. I know I was supposed to get chickens FIRST, but the bunny house was cheaper and less time consuming. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
This thread has 26 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!