Silkies hatched

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

On Saturday we had 2 baby silkie's born, they are so tiny and cute, but only 2 out of 8 eggs hatched. I decided to buy more silkie eggs and they are now in the incubator, I bought 12 but received 21, hoping for a better hatcht this time. I'm not sure what color silkie this first one will be, they were a mixed batch except for the whites.

Thumbnail by cbrandenburg
Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

Different view of of the first silkie

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

White Silkie, so cute!!

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

another picture of my white silkie.

SE Arky, United States(Zone 8a)

They are so precious!!! I have two youngsters that have just gotten their tail feathers, too adorable, mine are white. One fell into some paint (don't ask) and I gave it a bath and blew it dry, on low, on my Goldens' grooming table. Worked great, cleaned her right up and she continues to look like a powder puff...

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

so sweet! thanks for posting the pictures, keep them coing!!! those little htings grow so fast! i can hardly believe mine are 4 weeks old today...

Are Silkies regular sized or are they Bantam sized, or some where in between??

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

The chicks are wonderful, but I love the adult chickens too. I think they are wonderful about setting and hatching their own eggs.

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

They are bantam size, adults grow to about 2lb's males 2lb's 4 oz. I emailed the person I bought the eggs from and she thinks the ones a blue partridge, blue or blue splash, she said it's to soon to tell at this stage. The other one is a white, can't wait till the new eggs hatch. DH is going to build them a new coop near the house.

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Very sweet. We've got peeps here too. They make me laugh so much...

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

The silkie in the frist picture we noticed it's feet are turned in, like pigion toed. Is this going to be a problem for this baby?

I was concerned re our baby-est Sultan, long feet feathers and they turned OUT, but, day by day, she has learned to manage, it was like being born wearing flippers...I hope your Silkie peep turns out well too...my Silkies are goofy as can be, two little hens, my goodness, they are silly girls, they remind me of miniature ostrachids in all white, lots of personality with these Silkies...at night, three of my 'wild' Bantams (three different colors) sleep together and my three white Sultans and 2 white Silkies all sleep together - that caused me to miss one solid black 'wild' Bantam - I continued to shine the light, and right before my eyes, the black Bantam's head popped up, right in the middle of the 5 white hens. Quite a contrast...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.