Tuberoses....questions

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I received a very large cluster (singles) from a generous friend here at about the same time that I got in some smaller (golf ball - maybe a tad bigger) clusters of double tuberoses. I planted them all of them in the same very large pot to give them a head start inside. The large singles cluster are above soil by 6" plus...nothing from the doubles. Any one have any thoughts on this? Do the doubles and singles come up at different times? Or could it be it was b/c the large cluster of singles was very fresh?
Thanks for any insight on this!! And your patience with my numerous questions about these flowers..LOL
Chantell

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

No thoughts...anyone? Come on...I know some of you know about these guys!!! :)

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

I will take a guess lol here are my thoughts.
The single tuberoses came to you as a more mature/larger clump and so they are going to come up sooner.
It may be that the dbles (and they sounded like a small bunch of tubers) take longer to pop because they are different and /or smaller clump.
Thats my best guess!!
I would not give up on the dbles though

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Tigerlily - thanks...I was just getting concerned not seeing any "peeps" of them yet. :)

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

it has to do with warmth and timing for them as well. If you plant...they will pop!!! lol

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

They can take a while, don't give up on them.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

thanks Calalily

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

How are they doing now Chantell?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Unfortunately I was able to view them out of the dirt when my daughter's dog decided she wanted to eat dirt and try some bulbs. That dog is going to become a throw rug if she doesn't stay out of things...LOL. Luckily she didn't destroy most of the clusters and misc bulbs that got "removed" I just put back under the soil. It seems "maybe" there's some life...I think I saw one or 2 tiny green sprouts. Hopefully with our weather warming up and having them outside more often then not something will happen. The singles are probably a foot tall or more...funny how everything has it's own time, eh? Thank you for checking in. :)

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

LOL!! I wonder it they taste as good as they smell?? Poor pooch she thought she had a treat. I have an eight month old lab mix that thinks my beds are for her to sleep in. I hate to chain her at night but it may have to come to that :o( She's such a sweetie I cant stay mad at her after all she just wants a cool place to sleep.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy to report that despite being chewed on (grrrr!!) the doubles are finally showing "life" and we're having wonderful weather to help them along! Yippeee!!! Thanks for all ya'lls advice!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.