clothing heaps

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I don't know if anyone else has the problem I have had with getting clean laundry sorted, folded, and put away. But if you do, here is an idea that has worked pretty well. My family used to have a huge pile of clean laundry that we all dug though each morning to find clothes to dress in for school and work. It was a big, overwhelming heap that nobody had the energy to deal with. I got the pile all folded over Christmas when I had time off work so I could start from square one. Then we bought one laundry basket for each family member and one more for household laundry. The baskets are for clean laundry only. When a load comes out of the dryer, it gets sorted into the baskets. Then each person is responsible for their own folding, or if they prefer, they can just dig through their basket for clean clothes (which is what mostly happens). When I want a clean towel or pilow case, I know it will be in the household basket. I know it would be better, if I were a fantastic house organizer, to have the clothes actually folded and put away, but that wasn't happening and this is a good compromise that works. It is much easier to find things now. Everybody helps get the dirty laundry into the washer and then into the dryer and out when they have a moment. that part doesn't take too long. I hope this idea can help someone else suffering from the laundry mountain.

This thread has 28 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!