Mandevilla vine

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I want another of these can I just cut off a runner and put in dirt and it will grow?
They are $42 at the Farmers Market. I flipped.

Lavina

Orlando, FL

I tried to root some like that by putting them in water. They didnt root but that was in the winter time so might have better luck now. use rotone first then put in wet soil and keep it moist for a few weeks also put perlite in with the potting soil. Good Luck. I usually dont have a problem rooting cuttings. They say if you put some weeping willow in with the cutting it will root much faster. Fran

Sunset Beach, NC(Zone 8a)

Lavina,
I know this sounds overly simple, but when I lived at Sunset Beach I used to see mandevilla all the time at Lowe's, HD, and WalMart. Have you checked there?

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Check your Walmart. Ours has them.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Yeah they are real expensive here. $25 to $42 at the Farmer's Market.

I wanted to try and root one and save money. LOL

Lavina

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Lavina. the Mandevilla's was $5.97 and 14.97 at out Walmart. The cheaper ones were in a maybe half gallon pot and about 10 -12 inches high. Your Walmart shouldn't be any higher in price than here.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Hum I better go check it out at lunch.

Lavina

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Hope you find you one.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

The only time I ever had success in rooting one was after a storm and a stalk had broken. They hadn't started twinning yet. It may have laid on the top of the soil for several hours. I picked it up and just stuck it in a pot of flowers nearby and forgot about it and after about six weeks, I noticed it was still growing. By fall it had starting climbing. It has a milky sap and I think a lot of things with the milky sap have to heal off before you plant them.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I still haven't made it to wally world yet. Bummer. I got mine out og the basement and its already looking good. Its pink I want a red one.

Lavina

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.