Mid south Iris.... show us your pics

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

This is the only iris I have blooming today, and I need an ID. Wanda mentioned Witch Stitch and it could be. Any other suggestions.

I am hoping to go to Iris City Gardens this year.

Thumbnail by bluegrassmom
Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

Whatever they are they are beautiful! I have some that are similar, but they are taller and smaller. I guess dtb is the correct abbreviation? When mine bloom I will post a pic for you.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, I like your name. I have been wanting to paint a garden sign that says My Eden!

I am trying anyway. I have a friend in the nursery business and her store is called East of Eden.

Do you grow many iris?

This message was edited Apr 15, 2006 9:35 AM

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the compliment. I thought it suited me since I am 'preoccupied', lol, with anything gardening.
I do grow many iris. Most are unnamed-but beautiful. Others that are named are new this year, and are turning me into an addict. I posted a few of my named ones on this forum a few days ago. I will post more as they bloom.

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

edenawaitsme--I did the same thing. I had some given to me, some were here when we bought the house, and I bought some grab bags. I didn't care about the names. Then I joined DG and now I know that one of the symptoms of becoming an iris addict is that you start to care about the names of EVERYthing. Now I even have almost all of my unnamed ones IDd. :^)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.