Mediterranean Heath

Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

I just wanted to check before I purchased more Erica x darleyensis "Mediterranean White" , Darley Heath, if anyone had heard of any problems, invasive issues with this plant? I did a Google search and found nothing negative. I want to use this as an evergreen fill on a sidewalk strip. Two plants I was given did well in that area for a few years and although the height is under 2' I thought if I did a mass planting the bulk and repition would give enough winter presence. If I purchase 6 to 8 plants I don't want any nasty surprises. I'd also like to ask if anyone could suggest a substitute for Shasta daisies? I use those to cover daffodil leaves and have a large planting in the front of my house.
Thanks, Pixie

Thumbnail by sempervirens
Wauconda, IL

Echinacea "White Swan", or any of the newer white echinacea hybrids.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

I have trouble keeping Erica alive in my zone 5 garden, so I don't think it will be a problem for you. I've never heard of it being considered an invasive.

Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks Dodecathon,
Of course, Echinacea and maybe Penstemon " Husker Red " for earlier blooms.
Kathleen,
Thanks for the input. I thought I'd check first since many of the plants I have unwittingly bought turn out to be on invasive lists later. Now I see Equilibrium has listed snowdrops in another post.
Pixie

This message was edited Apr 23, 2006 1:30 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.