Messenger....Before ane After

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

here is the same thread for Messenger. I wished I had taken pictures of plants that I sprayed 2 weeks ago. There is a rose in particular that is exploding in blooms. I think it was the Messenger. Anyway, I hope you will post some befores and some afters later on.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I have started using Messenger and I too have noticed lots of vigor but I neglected to take photos also.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Take pictures now, even if you think there is already a difference.
You wont regret having those "almost before" pictures.
Sidney

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Oh do post! I'd love to see the difference as I love my roses.

It finally stopped raining 3 days ago and I sprayed for the first time with Messenger. How long before I notice some change? I sprayed all of the roses - about ten new miniatures.

Barbara

Barbara, you tell us when you see a change. Do you have a camera? I took pics of sprayed plants and in another week I will post the before and after pics together to let everyone see. IME, it seems that I saw a change in less than a week. Flowering plants seemed to developed buds almost right away.

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I had a terrible looking azelia with yellowing leaves and sick looking buds it's in full bloom now and all the leaves are green..I sure am a believer in Messenger and Mighty Plant now...I will never ever be without their product it's too good to be true..The growth on everything really amazed me...IT DOES WORK...!!! :o)))

Loretta...

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

We just had some nice rain int he past couple of days,,,Now I want to get out there and get my plants sprayed with Messenger,,,they'll be lovin it.

Be careful to NOT spray weeds with messenger. They really take off after a dose too.
Sidney

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

LOL,,,those I spray with Round up,,,on a still day,,,don't want any wind taking the spray and hitting my flowers. Or I use my new weeding tool. Either way,,,it's all good.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

vossner, I thought this was a great thread about Messenger!

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/600395/#new

I agree Brinda. I am still struggling with pairing before and after pics. Have gotten frustrated in this endeavor so it is in the back burner for now. However, the results are simply amazing. DLs are positively exploding and so are roses. well, i could go on an on.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

LOL Nery, I understand the frustrating part. There just isn't enough time in the day for me to do all the things I want/need to do.

I've just planted two beds this past weekend (and boy do I feel the pain) and now I need to get my camera batteries charged for the before/after pics.

What do you think? I have a bed with daylilies that I've put coleus, caladiums, oxalis, EE's and Brugs in. How long would you wait to spray them? Should I give them a week or so to settle in? Or would you go for it now?

I sprayed Messenger after 1 week of planting things. My AVs leaves experienced a little burn so next application I will use MP as a root drench on AVs. Then again, anybody growing AVs knows not to let water sit on leaves because it damages them. So, maybe it wasn't the messenger, but just the fact leaves had water on them. But they are growing and blooming, best they've ever been. Since MP is cheaper, that is why I will use it as a root drench. Don't want to waste my messenger, lol.

experienced something similiar with oxalis triangularis, so I will also root drench it. No damage on any other plant foliage.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

That's good information Nery, thanks!

I think it might be best to apply it at dusk as some of my plants also look leaf burned if the sun is out. The MP root drench for AV sounds like a good plan to me.
Sidney

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Sorry for my ignorance but what is AV?

African Violet and no need to apoligize.
Sidney

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Thanks, Sugarweed

I just put mighty plant on some tomato seedlings I received today. They are very small; so we'll see how they do.

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

Can you find these products at Home Depot?

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

I received messenger on the 14th April.

So around the 16th-18th ? I must have sprayed and soaked this pitifully looking rose with the mixture exept that ALL of the mixture sunk down into a hole immediately.There used to be a part of a shed/barn a long time ago.Didn't notice the drainage problem last year other than the rose kept beeing cut down by the people who mow for us.Over and over,but I did see it bloom once,beautiful color and scent.

Anyway I thought that this had little chance of survival but gave it a good soaking ...just enough to see ALL of the messenger mixture disappear immediately!! down into the nowhere.....Remember thinking "gosh now I wasted already the first gallons of messenger......:-((

Dug up the rose,seeing some chewed up roots by some unknown gritters ,brought it in ,trimmed it a little and kept it in water since to watch it closer.
Here is the first picture appr.3 weeks ago,
Brigitte
PS: sorry I don't know how to put them side by side for comparison,so will post separately

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Here it is today appr.3 weeks later.
I know the water,temperature had also something to do with it's success .
what does everybody else think ? was it the Messenger :-)) ??

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Brigitte, that is pretty amazing! I just got around to my first application on Wednesday, and I'm so excited to see how everything does. I loved it last year!!!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

That looks great. Everytime I have had time to get out an spray Messenger, it's either too windy or it's raining,,,grrr Hopefully Sunday I'll be able to

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Good idea GGW! I just love Mother's Day.....my son's wait on me hand and foot on that day! LOL So I head for the garden and they are right there with me. Of course, my 22 yr old doesn't think gardening is much fun at all. But my 11 yr old is right there beside me all the way. But that is the only day of the year that he helps me, unless DH gives him a job to do to help out.

edited because I just realized how off topic I just got! LOL I hope you find the time and the weather permits for you to spray on Sunday!

This message was edited May 12, 2006 5:53 PM

Thanks for the sweet off topic and I hope you and your mother have a wonderful day.
I'm hoping for rain for Mother's Day. Now that's a Gift.
Sidney

I don't have the befores, but here is a stand of Caladiums after I sprayed with Messenger about 10 days ago.
Beside the biggest leaf is the back of a 14" legal pad.
Nearly the size of Elephant Ears!
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Wow Sidney! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

If you like, you can follow my before and afters:
page 1 is geraniums http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/test/test.html
page 2 is New Guinea Impatiens http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/test/test2.html

I'll be spraying again this Sunday and will post the new pix then.

I get frustrated by all the claims and decided this year to do an actual test. I am testing Messenger/Mighty Plant - Spray 'N Grow with Bill's Perfect Fertilizer and Mircle Gro - and according to the timing on each product.

Great test. Did you save one that you did nothing to?
Sidney

Fifty Lakes, MN(Zone 3b)

What is this Messenger? Where can it be found?

sage, go to the search box, type in messenger and it will pull up all the discussions about this product, a protein growth enhancer. Also do a seach on Mightly Plant, a water soluble fertilizer which also has a little bit of the protein growth enhancer.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

sugarweed - these photos are all within 30 minutes of their first spraying. So I'd say this is the original, test group. I actually don't have one I did nothing to - mainly because I want to see the difference in the products, but that would have been a good idea.

There are some slight differences in the original plants - very small but no plant is going to be 100% identical, of course. I tried to match them as well as I could when I bought them.

This next Sunday, I will spray and photograph again so you can see any difference. I plan to repost every month.

BTW: I have a wonderful desktop calendar program where I can say: repeat this action every third Sunday or every second Sunday. I don't think I could work this without it!

That's great and you did a great job at getting your test plants. when I Mess my Gerainiums they hop up and throw a half dozen big blooms.
I really appreciate the effort you are putting into this test for all of us.
That's great you have that 'do it' program.
Sidney

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Sterhill, thanks for the test!!!!
Where can we get this calender program. That sounds like a perfect way to keep up with things.

Debbie

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

baja220 - try http://www.palm.com/us/software/desktop/

It is really cool stuff . Not only do you have a wonderful calendar, there are memo pads, calculators and other neat stuff. Since you have to install the software before you connect the palm I would imagine you don't HAVE to have the palm to use it. No guarantees here, though! But it is free and you can see if it will work. I do have a palm and absolutely love it on both my mac and my pc.

not quite a B&A pic, but here are my mum Obsession, two weeks after I "Messed" them, lol. I read somewhere that the Mum Society was endorsing Messenger. I have another mum that is practically swallowing a nearby plant.

Thumbnail by vossner
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I have some Irises that never bloomed last year. After one application last week, they are blooming their little hearts out and tons of buds coming yet. Will keep going on the 3 week spray.

So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

Here's my roses 4/15. Last year I had three to five roses on each.

Thumbnail by KatyMac
So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

Here's the roses today after two Mighty Plant sprays. They have so many buds I can't really count them. Gave up after ~30.

Thumbnail by KatyMac

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.