Hidden Treasure

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

I moved into my house in the fall and the garden area was a wreck. I was digging it up and found a few hidden goodies.

Thumbnail by MrEli
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

after i split that up it came out to around 25 bulbs, most of them were very small but they still count.

Thumbnail by MrEli
(Zone 6a)

Nothing like finding a hidden treasure in your garden! Like when you plant something and the next year you forgot you planted it, then you find it flowering.........such a nice surprise. I hope they turn out to be nice varieties for you!

Steve

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

and i found another little group of lilys. i found some huge lilies in my back yard that are getting pretty big already, last years stalks were still on them and they were around 5 feet tall. ill get some pictures up later of how big they are already. in all i found around 40 lilies and 1 hosta in the weeds. so even though i had to clean out the overload of snow on the mountian it was worth it in the end.

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

heres the bigger lilys, i got them in pots and a bucket for a day untill i can get them in the ground

Thumbnail by MrEli
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

and some others.

Thumbnail by MrEli
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

since were on lilies anyways ill post a few i had started early since i baught them online and they were already grown pretty good.

heres my rubrum

Thumbnail by MrEli
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

and venture:

Thumbnail by MrEli
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

i also purchesed "godzilla" and "scheherazade". they are both around 5-6 inches big now. i also recieved 3 lilies in sorta and easter basket setting from the inlaws, but i dont remeber the name only that the flower was deep blue or purple (im colorblind) i dont know if you can tell much from this picture but here they are.

Thumbnail by MrEli
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

heres a pic of the godzilla on the left, canna in the middle, then scheherazade on the right.

Thumbnail by MrEli
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

i feel like im posting too many pictures but i still have a bunch from last year at the inlaws house's garden i made. if you insist ill post them. if not ill post them later. :)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

What fun to move to a new house and find so many treasures. Can't wait to see what all your lilies turn out to be. When I moved into my current house one of the few things growing was an orange Asiatic lily and that was what got me hooked on lilies.

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.