catalog identification

Harrison, AR

I'm trying to identify a plant catalog that's lost its cover and contains no phone numbers or other information! It's pretty unusual: about 5 1/2" by 8 3/4", printed on kind of a newsprint-gray paper (inexpensive). Has about 30 pages (I have pages 5-28, and all the info was on page 3, I guess). Page 27 starts "PLANTING INSTRUCTIONS - What to do with bare root trees and shrubs upon arrival." It would be this year's (spring). I'm particularly interested in their trees, but can't find a thing in the rest of the catalog to tell me who they are (my neighbor gave me this, and the rest was lost). If anyone can give me an idea who publishes it, I'd sure appreciate it. If you've used them and have any feedback, negative or positive, I'd be happy to get that too. Thanks a lot. P.S. I'm in NW Arkansas, Zone 6. Will try to post an image.

Compton, AR(Zone 6a)

Hi muse, I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I want to say how pleased to see someone here from my area. I wonder if we know each other.......
An image of your catalog could be a big help. I used to send for an awful lof of such catalogs. Seeing it may ring a bell.

Compton, AR(Zone 6a)

Muse, I found the catalog you are asking about. It is Vernon Barnes and Son Nursery , from McMinnville, Tenn.
I get their catalog every year, and have ordered from them a lot, in the past.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

And another problem solved !,
thanks to the good folks at Dave's.

rural Hughesville, MO(Zone 5b)

That is the Vernon Brothers catalog - I ordered two varieties of black raspberries from them two years ago. I got these little sticks that didn't look like much, set them out and WOW - this year I am picking a gallon and more every other day.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

i tried both ways anyone a link..

Compton, AR(Zone 6a)

Is this what you mean, Hope?

http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/1746/

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

.. hope43 ..

No web site available for them .. (seems a shame, tho'!)

The only contact, is a telephone # .. in which to call to request a copy of their mail-order catalog .. but, am unsure if one can place any credit card order via telephone(?).

Quoting:
Vernon Barnes & Sons Nursery
Address: P.O. Box 250S1, McMinnville, TN 37111
Phone # (931) 668-8576

ALSO: I've no idea, as to how valid the marketing info may be .. as is provided on this marketing site > http://www.cdmlist.com/list/CDM15145.htm

- Magpye

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.