when do sweet peas and roses start to flower?

Tucson, AZ(Zone 10b)

I started some 'cupid pink' sweet peas from seed at the end of October 2005, and transplanted them to a nice big copper pot in full sun about a month afterwards. They are all about 6" tall now but none have produced any flowers and I am worried that perhaps they never will. Also, I planted a sweet chariot miniature rose in a hanging basket at about the same time as the sweet peas; the sweet chariot rose grew well and bloomed vigorously through January, then stopped producing flowers in mid February. Could someone tell me if these plants are acting normally or if I should be concerned?

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I think everything is going a bit nutty this year! Plants that should be blooming now have already bloomed Nov. - Jan. Im thinking I wont get any spring blooms at all. Has anyone else had this? Mostly trees and shrubs
Crape myrtles, Azaleas, Indian Hawthorn, and Pittosporum.
Caren

Tucson, AZ(Zone 10b)

This is my first spring as a gardener so I just had to base my expectations on the information on my seed packets and container inserts ; my plants just haven't been following the instructions on the labels! Even the nasturtiums I planted are not blooming -- they are growng just fine but no blooms.

So you are having a similar experience with your flowering shrubs....

At this date would you recommend replacing the sweet peas with another fragrant annual? I just have a small patio garden so I have very little space and would like to try a different fragrant plant if it is unlikely that my sweet peas will flower.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Wellll, I planted some sweet peas wayyyy back in hmmm think it was November and now they are just blooming ,,,so sweet smelling. part sun/shade. will definitely plant more... not sure about your zone in California. Elaine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.