Help with ID again, please :0)

Yorkshire,

Please can anyone help me ID this gorgeous little iris? It was bought as 'Bumblebee Deelite' (sp) but having checked out the DG plant files (I was about to download the image) I noticed that mine is quite different to those in the files. I love it and think it's as pretty as BD but need a name for it ;o)
Thanks for your help everyone!

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Yorkshire,

Here's another picture from a slightly different angle

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oh my - - that's nice. I wish I knew THAT one! Hopefully someone will.

~Margie

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

its really beautiful..love it..

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This Might be double byte if it is SDB size
please excuse picture it just opened when we had a horrible thunder boomer

Thumbnail by avmoran
Yorkshire,

Thank you for your reply avmoran, 'Double Bite' is another lovely SDB but I think it is a wee bit darker than mine, which is more of a cream colour on the standards. The veining on the falls is the deepest burgundy too. The markings actually do resembel the veins on a bee's wing so 'Bumblebee Deelite' would have been a very apt name for it :o)

Terri

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Terri, that is beautiful. You did not get BB from me. How are they all doing? LMK.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Here's BBD picture Terri
:)
Anita

Thumbnail by avmoran
Yorkshire,

Hi there Weegy!
I only bought TB's from you (from what I can remember...I have a head like a sieve for remembering things, so forgive me if I'm wrong). This is a SDB. Your irises are still settling in. I'm afraid it was quite a shock to them coming over to our nasty, nasty Winter from your beautiful sunshine. I'm wondering if any of them will actually flower this year. I think it might take them another year to settle down. Most of them are planted out on the plot now. We could only do that last week because it's been unusually cold and wet this year and our Spring is a month behind schedule. I must take some pictures of them when I'm not having 'senior moments'
Thanks for the picture of BBD Anita (isn't it a lovely little iris? :o) )
Mine is not such a deep yellow and has more veining on the falls and wider falls. The background colour is more cream than lemon. Although I do like BBD very much, I'm so happy to have this one because it's just gorgeous...one of those irises you can't stop admiring.
Thank you for all your help.

Terri

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.