Brunnera "Heart Leafed"

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

At my local Ace Hardware store today I saw this plant. The foilage was a gorgeous Chartreuse. I had it in my hand, put it back, picked it up, and put it back again! LOL. I didn't buy it because I am not sure this is the common name of it. It was in a one gallon pot, and it had multiple stems full of gorgeous heart shaped leaves, and was flowering. Blue flowers. I tried plantsdatabase. If any of you know of this one, can you enlighten me, is this the real common name of it?

Thanks!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

It's called Siberian Bugloss

The key is Chartreuse. Is it variegated, spotted, frosted or just plain Chartreuse? Mine are blooming now. If it is the solid green one then most probably it is the original Brunnera macrophylla. There are many others for example Brunnera macrophylla ‘Langtrees’ is chartreuse but with small white dots.

You can see various forms in the plantfiles at:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1311/index.html

The plain macrophylla is the first one on the page.

Hope that this helps!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

This does, the photo that booboo1410 posted is exactly like the one I saw today. Link: http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/7473/

Actually, all of the photos look like this but the veining I saw in boo boo's solidified this for me.

This has helped me, thanks Doss!

Sorry about the spelling, I'm typing fast and headed out to the veg garden before it starts raining again!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Easy enough. I really like this plant a lot. I have "Jack Frost' and it really lights up a shady space. I grow it in full shade. It's pouring here - hope that you made it in time.

Thornton, IL

I have this, just the plain one. I really think the nursery where I bought it thought I was nuts to want it, but it's so beautiful, I love the little blue flowers! I want more now. ;-)

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I should have went back to get it. :) Maybe I'll stop by Ace tomorrow!

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Did you go back and get it??

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

I have jack frost, 'Looking Glass', variegated and the plain. I love them all. Linda

This message was edited May 12, 2006 8:36 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.