louisiana iris id help needed

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

I bought this one several years ago and managed to bring it with me during my move. I know that I had Colorific, Marie Delores, Black Gamecock.. and darn if I can remember this one. I went through the pictures in this forum and all in the plant database but couldn't get an ID

Thumbnail by MzMunchken
Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

while I am at it... a name for this variegated one... ????

Thumbnail by MzMunchken
Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Just remembered the name of the last one that I bought.. Vermillion.. and that's definitately not it so it has to be Colorific... agree? disagree? the coloration just looks different than that in the PD.

Still need the variegated one ID.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Colorific by j. mertzweiller 1978
S,- white with very pale lavender flush and lavender centerline, greenish white style arms,flushed lavender at tip
F - medium reddish purple, lighter toward center darker purple veining ,small yellow line crest

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

looks like colorific to me
your varigated La . may be -
Acorus Calamus variegatus

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Nope.. certainly not Acornus Clamus variegatus... thank you though.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi MzMunchken,

I agree with Tazzy, the top one DOES look like 'Colorific'. I grow that one too, and here's my photo. (Mine may look a bit lighter due to the camera and lighting involved.......click link to see)
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/30881/

The other one sure is lovely.................... but I haven't a clue to it's name. I DO know - - it surely isn't any of the 3 names you listed above. Maybe someone else may recognize it.

~Margie

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

thanks all... I've managed to find the name of the variegated one..
Iris Kaempferi Variegata formerly known as Iris Ensata Variegata

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.