Greenhouse at Costco

West Chester, OH(Zone 6a)

Has anyone seen the greenhouse that Costco (on Fields-Ertel Road in Mason)has on sale for $349? It looks like an Apex Greenhouse and is 6 x 6. It has those polycarbonite panels that are clear. Has anyone used one of these? I was wondering how well it held up through the years. Thank you for your imput.

Kathy (Mommoboys)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I have not seen that one Kathy. I don't think I have ever been to Costco though. Now that I live out in nowhere, I may never get to one. LOL I did hit up the website and that one does not show unless that is a special price? I wonder if it is anything like the harbor freight one? Here is what I pulled for Costco. http://www.costco.com/Common/Search.aspx?whse=&topnav=&search=greenhouse&N=0&Ntt=greenhouse&cm_re=1-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search

No it is not available online - it may be only certain locations have it. I am seriously considering getting it...it looks very similar to the Hobby Enthusiast model although has fewer vents. Home Depot sells the Apex one for $650.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

It sounds like a great deal! Maybe if you could get the name or a model number or something, someone has bought one, just not from costco?

Aurora, CO

I bought the COSTCO greenhouse for $299.97. It is now a seasonal close-out. We assembled it carefully for about an hour. Later we had a hail storm and it did well. It is manufactured by Plantin in Israel. You will need a base to set it on. We put ours on a concrete patio.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

That is funny that it is from Israel. That is where the Rion's come from too.

We bought one also and I just LOVE it! And was I ever glad to have it last night as the temps dipped to 31 degrees here. I have it on the lower portion of my deck and for last night, we put lights inside to help keep my "babies" warm. Everything came through fine. It was easy to put together and seems quite sturdy.

NW, OH(Zone 5b)

Menards has a greenhouse too. I'll have to get the info posted for you.

Wilmington, IL

Hi All,
I am a new member from zone 5 in Illinois and I wanted to thank you for your input on the greenhouse!

Your input made up my mind and I am thrilled to tell you that Costco has now marked down the greenhouse to $197!

I am on my way to pick mine up today!I

Cant wait to put it to good use.

I live on the river and attract many birds including my favorite, the hummingbird.

Now I can put my fuschia plants in the greenhouse for the winter so my lil birds will come back to nice flowers in the spring.

My favorite flower at this time is the heuchera! My next passion is the hosta.

Thanks again for this information and this site!

Cindy

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I do not know why the greenhouses in this link are not priced, but they are quite reasonable. I have seen the smaller unit for sale at about $300.00. I have not purchased any of these, but I have bought other (very inexpensive) tools from Harbor Freight and have been impressed by the quality. Usually what they sell is heavy and older technology, but the prices are incredible. Great values.

There is a Harbor Freight in Anderson Twp. on Beechmont Ave. next to Staples and Target. I believe there is also one on the western side of town.

Scott

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Stupid me. I forgot to add the link. Here it is: http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItemList.do

Scott

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

For some reason, the link wasn't 100% successful. If you put "greenhouse" in the search box, the units will appear.

Scott

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.