My dwarf iris bloomed today 4/10/06

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Found this little guy blooming this afternoon. I have no idea what the name is, but it surprised me with a bloom!

Tazzy - this is the one I sent to you last year. Is it doing ok?

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Sure is sweet nestled down in it's foliage like that.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

hasnt bloomed yet
Most SDB won't bloom this year due to to warm a winter

Lebanon, OR

Sorry Tazzy you will not have SDB bloom, I had my first MDB bloom on the 6th followed today by Derby Boy and tomorrow Bee's Knees will open.

Late compared to last year.

D

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I haven't had anything open yet, but about 7 little ones are within days of opening! Very exciting!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

What a beautiful little bloomer!

I've got a dwarf bearded iris in a bed location that only gets sun until about noon... is that why it hasn't bloomed yet? This will be its third summer, and it's got lots of foliage coming up, looks like 4 or 5 fans. I ordered it along with some others that I gave my mother, so I'm not quite sure of its name... I think it is probably 'Spark Plug' but could maybe be 'Jewel Baby'. Should I move it to another location? Is this a good time to move it, or should I wait until July, which is when people seem to be digging & dividing iris... ??

My other older iris (LOL, in my garden 3 years is old) is 'Immortality'... same bed area but gets maybe another two hours of sun and blooms (reblooms too) each year.

I'm sorry... I know I keep hijacking these photo threads with requests for advice... But I can't tell you how much I appreciate the expertise on this forum!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Last year was the first time this one bloomed for me. I moved it to that location the year before and it hadn't bloomed then. It gets the afternoon sun but not morning. I have a few that I ordered 2 years ago and they haven't bloomed yet. I'm hoping they will this year.

Critter: You may have one that blooms a little later than this one. Don't give up on it! I wouldn't move it yet anyway.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.