YAY!! my Wisteria has bloomed finally!

Chickamauga, GA(Zone 7a)

Just a few have opened up but I am loving it since I pruned too late and got no blooms at all last year! Here is a pic of what it is doing today..... I will post more when more of the blooms open up on it.

Thumbnail by Gardening_in_GA
Chickamauga, GA(Zone 7a)

Here is another picture

Chickamauga, GA(Zone 7a)

And one more of my little buddy

(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous!
(and the wisteria's nice, too.)

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Cool...I keep waiting for mine to take off. I think this might be the year. It's been growing SLOWLY the last 2 years since I planted it. Looks like it's poised to bust loose now that it's getting established well.

Chickamauga, GA(Zone 7a)

Cool take pics! How tall is yours?? Mine isnt anymore then 3-4 feet tall and it isnt really "Mine" we rent here and I take care of it :) After it gets done blooming this season I am going to prune the heck out of it to get rid of some of the branches that make it look messy.

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Mine is about 8 feet tall, but it's only 3 main shoots, growing on a fence. Basically, it slowly growed in length and the shoots got thicker and thicker. I'm thinking it's GOT to take off sometime soon. It should...LOL

Chickamauga, GA(Zone 7a)

I have some neibors who have it growing and taking down their fence across the streat it is crazy!!! Very pretty but it is destroying their fence, and after it has bloomed I just dont think it is that pretty. I want to get this one trained down to less shoots.....

I am also thinking of taking some cutting of mine this Summer and starting one in a pot formyself for when we ever move I will have my own :)

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Yeah, they can get out of hand. I'll be watching mine to see what it does. The fence is not important in my case. If I think I want to let it get bigger, I'll build something for it to climb on. For now, it's pretty small.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

beautiful! congrats on the blooms :)

when I moved to this home in 2001, I started seeds of wisteria, they were planted in 2 larger planters of each side of the driveway entrance, they this spring have shot up to the tip top of the thingie they are climbing, which is probably 20-25 feet, I know it takes awhile from seed to bloom, but I am impressed with the growth mine have gotten over the past 5 seasons. Maybe within the next couple years I will see my own blooms too

Laurrie

I love your little Boston Terrier. I had one growing up. Best dog I ever had. His name was Bacus. Only problem he had was - passing gas. LOL. He'd run everyone out of the room. LOL

Chickamauga, GA(Zone 7a)

Crystal thanks....My little "terror" is named Kozmo and he is such a love!!! He loves to follow me everywhere including while I am taking pics of my plants :)

He too gets bad gas but we know what food trigger it and can keep it to a minimum usually

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.