Is this forum for getting rid of lawn weeds, too?

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, everybody--

I am wondering how to control dandelions in the lawn? Do you dig them or what?

Is it too late to use a 'preventative weed and feed' on our lawn here in Zone 6? I understand to get the most our of it, application timing is very important. ( I don't want to use any chemicals if it's not appropriate but we wouldn't be against giving the lawn a dose of something if it would save using more chemicals later...does that make sense?)

They say around here St. Patrick's day is the day to dose the lawn with 'weed n feed' but we missed that day...

If this isn't the right forum, please tell me where to post--thanks. t.

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Organic method, but the timing's the same: we put down the corn gluten (pre-emergent herbicide) when the forsythia blossoms fall. This is about the time many broad leaf weed seeds want to start germinating (among other times).

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

We here in Montana use our Weed and feed in June or when the dandys are growing and it works well for me. I am interested in what the concerns are for using a broad leaf herbicide? Once a year in June ends our weed problem. We don't have clover so no bad concerns for the broad leaf herbicide. What other critters, plants are adversly affected?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.