4-8-06 bloom

Lebanon, OR

Hi All

Just went out and found this little gem in bloom

It is Alpine Vista

D

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

That's a beauty, Denise! How lucky are you??? :0)

Laura

Lebanon, OR

It was such a shock in this awful weather, we had hail, SUPER hard rain, showers wind and a period of no rain, just burr cold.

D

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I think that's an adorable little one, but you'd better hope Dorothy doesn't see that pic. I remember posting a pic of another one of the Willott's babies, Alpine Lake, to iris-photos a number of years ago. It, too, had those virus-looking purple streaks. Dorothy quickly replied on-list how AWFUL it looked! ACK! I didn't even realize the purple streaks weren't supposed to be there.

Alpine Lake and Hey There both usually display those purple streaks in my garden. I always assumed they were a response to late freezes, but I suppose they might be mosaic virus, instead.

Laurie

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I actually think the purple streaks make it look nice. I never really thought about them being a virus. I always figured it was due to late freezes, too. We had a late one this year.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I love the look of the purple streaks when they occur on mine, too, but I sure won't be posting any more pics of them after Dorothy's response!

Laurie

Lebanon, OR

All that can happen is she does not like the picture I love the look rather good or bad in HER eyes, I like and many others have liked it.

D

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

that is a real cutie .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.