Saturday, July 14

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Good morning, all. Its so lovely here. I really overslept today. Just been up for about 20 minutes. Oh, I woke up much earlier, but I just didn't feel up to staying up, so I went back to bed for awhile.
I just learned last night that the Harliquin ducks we bought a few weeks ago may be on an endangered list. Of course that means we won't be butchering them as long as I have no information to the contrary.
Jack and Shad have really been working on the old barnlot to clear it out of all fencing, etc. Then we'll be able to keep it clearer of the terrible weed population.
We lifted some of the potatoes and most of the onions and garlics the other night. It isn't the crop we had last year but quite nice none the less. This year I'll use the small ones first instead of keeping them like I did last year and losing a lot of them. That was really dumb of me.
Have a good weekend everyone.

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!