Help! "Tressis" Carolina Jessamine on a vinyl siding wall

(Zone 8a)

Out the back door of our new townhouse, there is a patio and then a wall to the adjoining townhouse. The wall is about 18' high and 18' wide, covered with vinyl siding. My dream this spring is to find a way to "trellis" Carolina Jessamine on the wall (up to about 10'). I want the look to be a "trellis" look--that is, a diamond pattern. I thought I could form the trellis look by just sinking nails in the vinyl but was informed that it would compromise the wall and moisture could get in the adjoining townhouse. I have thought about putting up very tall posts (2' X4's??), one at each end, and cover them with vinyl and then string vinyl-covered wire from one post to another. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS? AND...where would I find vinyl covered posts or vinyl to cover the posts (we are told that everything must be vinyl----YUCK!). I would love to have some help here. We have bought the C. Jessamine and they are planted at the base of the wall awaiting your suggestions! Thanks ahead of time for you help.

This message was edited Apr 7, 2006 9:17 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.