Heavy Rebloomers

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I admit that I am rather new to Iris and have fallen in love with them(Like I need another plant to get addicted to?!?!?)..I planted my first ones last fall and an enthralled with my first bloom...I am searching and searching for gorgeous heavy repeat bloomers...would you mind sharing pics and names of your favourite ones for me...I want to order some but would like input from those that have grown them and which ones you find excel in colour as well as vigorously blooming....TIA...Jeanne

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is Baby Blessed an SDB not a TB however
If you hear the word Hurricne this is your iris It will start blooming and bloom through any hurricane and continue to bloom as does Low Ho Silver which I will post.

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is Low Ho Silver an IB which does similar to Baby Blessed only later and in a fair clump will bloom till frost here

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Daughter of Stars

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Earl of Essex
a great iris increases well tough iris

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Rosalie Figge

Thumbnail by avmoran
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Awesome!!..Hey, yall gotta explain those abbr. for me..such as IB,SDB..LOL...remember I am a newbie with Iris..not that I am a newbie to gardening..been doing that for more years than I wanna admit....thanks..keep those pics coming!!...

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm so Sorry Jeanne
AB Arilbred Oncocyclus & regelia species crossed with other bearded iris.

BB - Border Bearded - Stalks from 41 cm (16 inches) to 70 cm (28 inches) are short TBs.

IB - Intermediate Bearded - Stalks from 41 cm (16 inches) to 70 cm (28 inches) are the result of crossing SDBs and TBs. IBs often show their dwarf ancestry and most are infertile.

MDB - Miniature Dwarf Bearded - Stalks from 5 cm (2 inches) to 20 cm (8 inches) tall.

MTB- Miniature Tall Bearded - Stalks16 inches to 26 inches with very dainty small flowers.

SDB - Standard Dwarf Bearded - Stalks 21 cm (8 inches) to 40 cm (15 inches)

TB - Tall Bearded - Stalks over 27 inches (68 cm) tall

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Kewl...so then I know what the height will be..thanks...more more more..Jeanne

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Don't really care much for rebloomers myself. But Autumn Tryst is a very heavy rebloomer here.

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I would suggest Anxious iris. It has grown very well forme.

I would suggest 'Anxious' iris. It has grown very well for me.

Thumbnail by Texas_Doodlebug

I would also suggest 'Bethany Claire.' It is a pretty wisteria blue and has rebloomed nicely for me.

Thumbnail by Texas_Doodlebug
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Reblooming is iffy here in Iowa. I get consitent reblooms from Clarence. TB

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Immortality TB always reblooms.

I also have good luck with Bride's Halo TB reblooming.

Whoops. Bride's Halo.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

If you want something other than TB's - (like arilbred irises that rebloom give) - Walker Ross a try.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

For a rebloomer that likes to rebloom many times a year Again and Again would be a good choice too.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Or one that reblooms often also is Halloween Halo.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here - in Arizona - one that reblooms at Christmas (which is kind of neat) is called Holy Night.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

And if you want a Louisiana Iris that reblooms in the fall - try Red Echo.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

I think arilbred iris would do well for me, as we have hot dry summers.

This iris must be a good rebloomer, it bloomed 4 months after we had planted a single fan.

My Friend Jonathan

Thumbnail by gonzomamma
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is Harvest of Memories. Blooms all winter here for me in zone 9. Highly recommended.

Thumbnail by doss
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

doss~

I just love that picture of 'Harvest of Memories'. I remember seeing you post it last year and I used it as wallpaper on my computer. It's really beautiful!

Laura

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

avmoran, I especially appreciated your suggestions on this thread since we live in the same state/zone... I know reblooming can be variable, especially further north! I did plant an Earl of Essex last fall, but it's one of the few that still isn't showing new growth... :-( I will have to make sure I get to the iris society sale again this summer for more! I'll be keeping an eye out for the others you mentioned as well.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

chec out Bridge in Time Iris Gardens. They have very good rebloomers and will tell which ones actually rebloom in their climate.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Neil, I have a dwarf iris that is blooming now, that looks like your photo of Autumn Tryst. Isn't yours a TB? I would love to have an ID for them. A lady from TX sent these to me but didn't know the name.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Woodspirit..then from reading that site there are a class called "Everblooming" and that is what I should get instead of repeat blooming?....TIA...Jeanne

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Bluegrassmom-

Autumn Tyrst is listed as a TB, but it is usually on a short stem here - around 10 - 16 inches most years.

Orange, TX(Zone 9a)

Neil-

I am very interested in starting an iris garden. What is it that you don't like about the rebloomers?

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Woodspirt, the lady that hybridizes the rebloomers Bridge in Time belongs to my iris club. Sometimes the rebloooming iris are not huge like Dusky Challenger but I want iris blooms more than one time a year.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Sorry I am so slow to answer. I have been living in an old broken down trailer for a month while my house is being rehabbed. I'm back now but the work isn't finished and the house is a wreck. Joint compound dust everywhere, many things misplaced, personal belongings just piled up on top of others, etc.
However, the work is great and my house is finally livable and not embarressing. It's so much lighter and brighter and all the HVAC systems are new, as well as the plumbing and wiring.
I would be curious as to why Neil doesn't like rebloomers too. I don't know if they will do any good here as my climate is cool.
I am putting together a small order for Bridge in Time now.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

She is a very nice person. She didn't show any this Spring. Mainly because she uses the blooms for hybridizing and we have several that are very competitive and will cut so many stalks! 2 Ladies even keep old refridgerators to help speed up or slow down the time they open so they will be perfect on the day of competition.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.