Ever bought from this Company?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

http://www.walking-p-bar.com/shopsite/page18.html
If so..what was your experience....TIA..Jeanne

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

JEANNE, CHECK WITH ARGYLE ACRES FOR SOME GREAT PRICES AND VARIETY.

"eyes"

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i bought some iris 2-3 yrs. ago from nola's. but at her prices i think you could do better somewhere else. barb

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

i bought irises from bluej and snowpeaked. i was really pleased with both of them. i would watch the co-op forum. there has been two great co-ops with irises already with a new one starting monday.

belinda

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"ARGYLE ACRES "...OMG!!..Like I need another addiction..LOL...I am only interested in Rebloomers..duh..like I am sure everyone is...I must have good taste...some that I loved were 15buck and more..sheshhhh...Why do they only mail out in aug-sept in Texas?..I am in Texas ..great site..so, if I ordered now I wouldn't get them till then?...TIA..Jeanne
Oh thanks for the co-op thingy..will check it out...Jeanne

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Jeanne
They ship them then because bloom season everywhere will be over and new beds and other areas will have had time to settle, and people will have more time to spent with new plantings. It is time enough so that the new iris will get a good start before winter in most of the country.
Hope that makes sense
:)
Anita

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I purchased from Walking-p-bar two years ago and definitely had some problems with them. My most difficult was misnamed cultivars and little help IDing what I actually had.

I got an iris borer in an iris from BlueJ last year and they were very unhelpful.

There are a lot of wonderful places out there though. Have you seen this thread?
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/569480/

Just full of fine places.

I love Snowpeak
Superstition
Mid America

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

RE borers.

Soak soak soak. Soak all incoming lilium & iris in chlorox.

At least 10% I use 20% for at least 30 mins. Then I rinse well before planting.

Check all your purchased bulbs/rhizomes for baddies. You can see them easily. I soak everything to make sure no nemetodes/eggs on leaves. Submerge completely, not just the roots.
Inanda

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks inanda. I've dipped but never soaked. Luckily this baddy became obvious pretty quickly and we noticed the damage. I threw away the whole plant.

I didn't get anything from Blue J but an assurance that they couldn't have borers because their operation was inspected. They did offer to replace the plant but were adamant that I was wrong. Somehow replacing the plant wasn't the point, you know? Wish I'd packed it up and sent it to them.

This message was edited Apr 8, 2006 2:00 PM

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I've ordered from Napa Iris and they have shipped very large rhizomes. I like them better than Schreiner's for the price and size. And the customer service is superb! They are replacing 3 rhizomes for me with no questions asked. When I explained the condition of the rhizomes, they even told me what the problem was.
I also ordered from The Iris Farm for the first time this year so I will have to wait until I receive them to make a call on this company.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Jeanne, I posted this in another thread but just in case you don't see it, check out Bridge in Time iris gardens. They tell the truth about what will rebloom in their climate and which ones need a hotter climate than they have.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Woodspirit..thanks for that...then for my climate what I want are "Everblooming" Iris not repeat?..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.