Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Please sign up if you would like to join and post a wish list, you can do perennial plants or seeds min 3 please state weather you want to trade seeds or plants, also please send me your addy. you will also send your partner a gardening hat you make. your box must be mailed by may 15th. please do not sign up if you only want to receive a box but not send. only fair players please
I am carol would like to trade plants my 3 wants
daylilly
oriental lilly
peony
thankyou carol

elkland, PA(Zone 5b)

I am cindi,would like to trade seeds,my 3 wishes are:
jacob cline Monarda
carnations
any red perennial
thank you,cindilynn.

My address is as follows; Cindi Hafler
1597-a Buskirk Lane
Saylorsburg,PA 18353

Happy Gardening
~cindilynn~

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I thought we were going to do just a hat robin and if we wanted to send extra seeds. I love to be in on the robins but sometime they get a little expensive for some of us.

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Question: Are we committing to sending three packs of seeds or three plants, or are we just listing them to give the person who is making us a garden hat an idea of our likes/wants? That is, that they can choose to send any [one, two, all, none] plant/seed item we list?

[edit] ...um...strike that "NONE" as the title of the thread is gardening hats and PERENNIALS. Helps if I read, eh, Carol?

This message was edited Apr 6, 2006 4:52 PM

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Hi, ok hat is only must in this swap, seeds and plants only an idea for your partner if they want to or can include them. welcome cindilynn, start decorating your hat. it would be nice if everyone posted a picture of the hat they receive. thankyou carol

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Sounds interesting however I am not very creative. Maybe I will join your next robin Carol.

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Carol, Sign me up. :-)

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

sorry snyboken, welcome tiffanya, we have two now, where are all those people on the other thread?I think I will try a straw hat with dried flowers how about you all?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Rats.. I REALLY wanted to do this, but I am booked solid for the next several weeks and I'm not going to have time. I'm so sorry, veeja3. :-(

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Hmmm...well, I haven't gone shopping for hats yet. I will see what inspiration comes my way once I see the hats. Not sure if I'm going for straw or cloth.

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Where are all the people who asked for someone to do this swap?
I have made it hats only, for anyone not being able to afford more, so come on and sign up. hugs carol

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Okay, sign me up.

novi, MI(Zone 6a)

sign me up as well.
i was just hesitant as i have 4 kids the latest being 16 months old. I never know when something's going to come up, i'd hate to dissapoint anyone with a late arrival. but i'll make this a priority!!!
Ness ;-)

Prince Frederick, MD

Explain carefully to me the technical aspects of this (i.e. where do we get the person's name and is May 15th date to mail out or date by which your person has to have the box?), and I will join the hat/perennial exchange since I need a new garden hat. I am creative but a newbie to Dave's.

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

I will assign names soon, waiting for a few more signups you have to mail by may 15th, sign up it will be fun, welcome to new signups

Prince Frederick, MD

Thanks. Count me in.

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Please e-mail me your addys here are partners
Cindilynn has Tiffanya
Tiffanya has Makshi
Makshi has Nessiegirl
Nessiegirl has Sciurus
Sciurus has veeja11
veeja11 has cindilynn
have fun girls, make cute gardening hats
hugs carol

Prince Frederick, MD

Veeja3, please let me know if you received my snail mail address. I got a funny message that said something about server crashing so do not know if it went out or not.

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

The only addy I have is Tiffanya, please get your addys to me, so I can give them to your pal. Sciurus. I did not get yours.
thankyou all carol

Prince Frederick, MD

Carol,

My partner received my address so I assume you got it but I have not received an address for veeja11.

Sciurus

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

I am veeja11 aka veeja3 I still need most of your addys, please send them to me
thankyou carol

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Still no address. Wondering if we should call it a bust?

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

We don't mail until the end of May, so there is still time to get the addys, no bust yet

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

SorryI had no comp. for several weeks. The mother board went out on it. I mailed mine already to nessiegirl. Hope it gets there ok.

novi, MI(Zone 6a)

Makshi,
I LOVE my hat! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!! Its so cute! And very practical. LOL I WILL definitely be wearing it! And thank you for the coral bell!
THANK YOU!!
Ness ;-)))))

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

makshi...could you dmail me your address? pretty please. :-)

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

I received a beautiful straw hat I will take a pic tomorrow. Thankyou Sciurus it is beautifull. Nessie girl could you post a pic of your hat?
Mine to Cindi will be mailed this week.
Carol

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Ok whoever hasn't mailed their hat, please do so, I am late also so can't say too much, by the 30th please, who hasn't received yet ? mine went out today.
hugs carol

Prince Frederick, MD

You are more than welcome, Carol.

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Here is a picture of my pretty hat, post pics please.

Thumbnail by veeja3
Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

veeja3 pretty hat. Now all you need is a cute sun dress.

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

I have outgrown the cute sun dress stage. did you get your hat cindi?
how about the rest of you

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Nope, not yet. veeja be daring.

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

I have the decorations ready. The gardening hat has been ordered...finally decided on a "straw gardener's hat" -- have seen the style worn by staff at a local nursery and they were very cute and will protect you from the sun. Just waiting for it to arrive, then I'll decorate and send it on its way to makshi.

Haven't yet received from cindilynn.

Edit ... UPDATE: Still waiting for it to arrive. I have the decorations ready to put on it. Will let you know when it's been posted to makshi.

This message was edited Jun 7, 2006 3:47 PM

Edit ... UPDATE: Oh, I just LOVE online vendors. << Please note the sarcasm there.
...so it took a few weeks to receive my order. And guess what was missing? The HAT!!! The packing slip says it will be in stock in August. Funny, the Web site implied it was in stock.

I will go hat shopping this weekend. I really have no idea where to buy straw gardener's hats as they don't carry them at my local nursery or Agri-shop. (I had checked in April, thus, I went online to buy one.) Should I go to Target, Fred Meyer, Walmart? I will probably have to change hat style, eh?

I do have some lovely handcrafted embellishments to put on it. I'm not sure if they will suit another style, but I will do my best.

Thanks for your continued patience, makshi. I am really feeling like I need to make it extra nice to make up for all this waiting!

This message was edited Jun 9, 2006 7:17 AM

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Cindi, my confirmation number says you got it, was it so bad, you don't wanna post? I tried my first hat making try. I thought they were cute plmk
thankyou carol

Prince Frederick, MD

Aha! I spied that bottle of craft glue behind Veeja3's hat. Had to laugh. Looks just like my desk.

I didn't get my hat yet but have heard from nessiegirl and she's on it.

So where are the photos of everyone else's hats?

sciurus

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Ok who hasn't received in this swap? Everyone should have a hat by now

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I don't have mine. Where are the pics of everyones?

novi, MI(Zone 6a)

HI makshi,
I sent it out last week. Should be there anytime! I hope you like the plants i included. i put in a few of my favorites. Some of my brand new hostas! Cant remember which ones i sent.
Sorry if the hat's hideous, my first try at it.
Ness ;-)

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Nessie,

I will be on the look out for it. I sure wasn't expecting a plant. Christmas in June what fun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.