Hermodactylus Tuberosa

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Snakehead Iris, Black Widow Iris, Widow Iris
A bulb iris that is early and needs little to no care.
this is the second year it has bloomed well for me

Thumbnail by avmoran
Lebanon, OR

I can plant and plant and not get one to grow. Makes me sick because I have always wanted them and buy them every year.

Great shot.

D

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Great picture. I've always wanted to see one of those in person. Neat!

Laura

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

WOW--thanks for sharing this--it's new to me.....and now I'm suffering from a bit of zone envy..... ;0)

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

No Reason to Envy
http://www.veseys.com/sub.cfm?source=657
list this to hardyness zone of 7 and that it should be planted at 4"
I would still try them plant them deeper ~ 8" and mulch and see if they work
I have been told since I got into Iris that Arils do not do well in my region of the mid-Atlantic
Ah this is one of my seedlings

Thumbnail by avmoran
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

That is one gorgeous seedling!! Would you share the parentage? I love that nice red spot outside the darker spot.

I also love your Snakehead Iris, Black Widow Iris, Widow Iris. Where did you buy it? From the above website?

~Margie

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I'm with MudGirl on zone envy with that snakehead iris. I'm not good with pulling and storing bulbs. I'm afraid that it would end up dead no matter what I did.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Hi
Margie - the seedling is from a mixed batch of Arilbred seeds from SIGNA and there is no parent info available on them which is a shame.

Got the Bulbs from
http://vanengelen.com/catview.cgi?_KEYWORDS=iris&_COLORS=&_SUN=&submit=Search&_fn=Search

Wait I'm supposed to dig up bulbs. Hmmmm Never had probably never will. No time or patience with things that can not take care of them selves. I might help a seedling once in a while but I learned the hard way if you help it then it will not survive.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.