It's a blizzard out there!

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

The wind is howling and the snow is falling. It's April and I succumbed to the six-packs of annuals for the porch planter yesterday. Thank goodness the air temperature is still high enough for them to have no ill effects. And hooray for any moisture we can get at this point. Do April showers include snow showers? I wonder how the clematis buds I saw yesterday will react.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I have a lot of new guys planted. Roses, clematis, daylilies.........so far so good. I hope all this cold is done soon! Nikki

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Why can't we just have gentle warm April showers? Because we are in Maryland! They say, if you don't like the weather in Baltimore, wait a few minutes. 10 min ago it was snowing and now the sun is out.

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Amen to the idea of April showers. Luckily the snow didn't last long and it's melted now, even though the wind is still wreaking havoc. When will the weather get back to "normal" seasonal weather, I wonder. One of my rose bushes (Bonica) that I thought was dead last year because it broke dormancy so late is already fully leafed out. Gardening can be a real mystery to me sometimes.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Here I was planting cold hardy cacti last weekend...geez, glad they're cold hardy eh? Snow in April...who would of thunk?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.