Mizuho Beni first leaves

Newport News, VA(Zone 7b)

One more to share, the first leaves on my A. Palmatum 'Mizuho Beni'

Laura

Thumbnail by largosmom
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Laura, I don't know this one but I've looked it up now and it's a beautiful tree. Are you growing it in a pot?

Yes, for the moment it is in a pot, but as you can see, it is still just a baby! It looks a bit droopy yet because the leaves just opened this weekend and haven't fully expanded yet.

I'm excited, as I have hired a landscaper to help me work out a plan that will incorporate my maples, and my other love, hostas, into my landscape in such a way that I can build it slowly over the next several years. We just removed several large trees from our property, and have some sunshine now, which means we can get some grass to grow for the first time. I still have plenty of shady areas, though, and I'm looking forward to placing these new, smaller trees into the landscape where they can be enjoyed by us and our neighbors.

I have several maples in pots in the moment, growing up a bit for later. One I bought a couple of weeks ago will stay in its pot on the patio assuming it does well. That is a green dissectum 'Viridis'.

Laura

Thumbnail by largosmom

Well, the leaves have fully opened now.

Laura

Thumbnail by largosmom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.