Everyone OK after last nights Weather?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Cincinnati was only mildly hit.
Lots of limbs and trees down.
NO injuries that I've heard of.

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I don't know Ric, have you seen the news? I live in a western suburb of Cinti. Just saw on the TV noon news (channel 9 I think) some of the local damage: an old building housing a flea market in Boone Co was literally blown apart, part of an apartment bldg in Avondale, some stores in Wilmington had windows blown out. Winds at the Cinti airport were clocked at 76 mph. This stuff is probably on the WCPO website.

They also said temps have dropped 13 degrees in the past 3 hours and winds are gusting to 37 mph now. Here we go again!

Karen

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'm in the far eastern side.
It appears to have gone hit the West side hard then gone North and South of us.

Ric

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

It sure was windy out here! Everything is okay now and we are waiting for the chill to set in. I'll be glad when the next three nights pass.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

We are fine. It sure wasn't a fun night . I am kinda of off and on. The pole at the end of the subdivision with the transformer on it blew over and is sorta hanging in mid air. Our electric comes and goes but just out a little bit at a time. They should get it fixed tomorrow.

Chele tell me about it I thought I was finished heating the GH.

Athens, OH

I hope the daffodils make it through the next few nights!
They have only been out for 3 days.
ROX

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I just heard from Dispatcher1.
A lot of damage and homes destroyed near them but they and their place are OK.

Ric

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Ok here....county was under tornado warning for a while.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll probably have to run the heat again tonight and tomorrow. Of course hubby may be turning it on tonight. I may not be up for another trip outside.

I had heard things were rough in TN and saw the Richmond Flea Market torn apart. I watch these things on TV in shock!

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

This is how the evening went here.
My front door suddenly flew open and my back door slammed shut.
A ladder in the back yard went crashing to the ground. So far, no big deal. Then, all of a sudden I hear terrible crashing against my house. Having a house with aluminim siding, my little brain starts to have bad images. So up I jump and dash to my back door. There lays my canopy, the one my car likes being under. But its not over my car, its sprawled across my back yard. WInd blowing like mad, sheets of rain pouring down, lightening flashing. Holy Crap!!!! My little 4' green house with all my little seedlings is out there! Noooooo you aint getting my seedling babies Mr Wind ! Out I run, snatch up my little green house and make a dash for the garage. Ahhhhhhh saved my babies. One of the few times I am glad to be built close to the ground. I'm too short to be a lightening rod. LOL So the canopy will cause a bit of a problem, the ladder is back safe and sound where it should have been to begin with. My babies, sweet little green babies, snug in their little green house. All is well
Kathy

Springboro, OH(Zone 5b)

It was a loud and windy night up here, but no damage. Except this morning I found a demolished remote-control helicopter in my driveway, much to my son's delight. Weird. I wonder if it had been stuck in a tree somewhere and blew out?

Glad to hear everyone's safe and sorry for Ky Lady's canopy!

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

The weather got pretty hairy here last night around 9:00. Had to go round up my patio furniture this morning. Had rain, wind and hail, but no major damage.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Very strange weather, no doubt about it! Glad we've had no reports of serious damage after seeing all the news reports of what could have been....

And thank goodness your seedlings were saved, imakylady! Everyone has their priorities! LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We caught some serious hail on the way home from work this evening around 5 PM.
Soft Golf ball sized hail and hard Ping Pong Ball stuff left a few dents in the car roof.
We thought for a few minutes that the windshield was going.
We saw yellow downdraft clouds behind us as we drove out of it.
Hope everyone east of Amelia is OK.

Ric

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.