Thumbnail by Texas_Doodlebug
Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

'Lady Friend' - another view

Unknown gold iris

'Anxious' - This one is doing very well for me this year.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous, Texas. I'm so jealous!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Terrific Pictures, Doodlebug - but are those lilies I see you already have blooming in the last picture?

No, Steve, I don't have any lilies blooming yet. I have buds but no flowers. That is St. Joseph's lily - an amaryllis, Hippeastrum johnsonii. It blooms in late March-early April. Just gorgeous.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Those are lovely photographs Texas - D. !! Does Anxious rebloom for you? Great photographs of Lady Friend.

~ Margie

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Anxious is reblooming for me right now Margie. It bloomed last month too.

I do love Lady Friend too. One of my favorites and very early.

Love the amaryillis too. What a bright spring.

Margie - Anxious does rebloom for me and quite often. It rebloomed in December for me this year because our winter was so mild!

Doss- I love Lady Friend too. I got it last year and this is the first bloom I have had. It is such a lovely flower, I think it will become one of my favorites.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

AH, Lady's Friend. Just one of my favorites. I think the one I got at the MO DG RU last year did survive. I sure hope so. I like Mulled Wine too but don't have any anymore.

I think the one you want IDed is a Dutch iris.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

I can't believe i turned down Anxious when someone asked me if I wanted one a couple years back. I heard it rebloomed but I didn't know it looked this good. It sounds like it reblooms well for both of you!

~ Margie

I didn't even order Anxious. It was a substitution. I didn't like it so much the first year but it has bloomed nicely ever since. If I remember last year it bloomed for me four times (Feb, May, July and September) but I think this was between two plants. This year we are off to a really good start.

margie, when it comes time to divide in a year or so, I will try to remember that you 'need' Anxious and send you one. You may have to remind me though. :-)

Here is 'Jitterbug'

'Dime Spot'

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I think that Anxious is quite lovely. It's certainly not one I would clear out.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Those are some fabulous photos Texas!! And thank you for your kind offer on Anxious. I'll see if I remember too. Maybe we can do a trade. :-)

Doss, it's good to hear that you consider it as one that you would not clear out. are the falls fairly wide on it?

~Margie

Here is another new one for me. I got it last year as a bonus from Woodland Iris Garden, it was a new introduction for them.

'Chestnuts & Robins' (Nicholson 2005)
The description given is as follows: Blooms early at a height of about 34 inches. Standards are a shade of blue. Falls are the color of roasted chestnuts. Yellow beards are surrounded by bluish white lines that radiate away from the beards. (Foxy Lady x Flamenco)

My standards looked a little more white than blue but I have four or five more buds that will open in the next few days so I will see what they look like.

Another picture of 'Chestnuts & Robins'

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Texas
i like that one thanks for sharing your picture

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Texas~

I really like that one! Nice picture, too.

Laura

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Texas,
I like the color combination and pattern on it too. Very good pictures of 'Dimespot', 'Jitterbug', and now 'Chestnuts & Robins' too.

~Margie

Thanks everyone. I have been enjoying playing with my new camera. I think irises are a good thing to practice on!

'Chestnuts & Robins' is really growing on me. This morning (when it wasn't in direct sunlight), I could see the blue in both the standards and the falls. It is pale but it is there. I also notice that when I was near the flower the standards looked more white but when I saw the flower from a distance it had a definate bluish tint. Isn't that interesting!

Believe it or not the same stalk of Chestnuts & Robins is still blooming for me.

Yesterday, 'Jurassic Park' bloomed.

'Winter Sky' bloomed today. The standards look a little short on this one but it is pretty.

Hmmm. I am not seeing my picture of 'Jurassic Park'. Let's try again....

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

So beautiful, TD. I hope you keep trying out your new camera--love the pics!!

Thanks tabasco. I am trying sooooo hard to be patience. I am just waiting for them to bloom. Unfortunately we had a hail and wind storm tonight and I hoping that none of my buds were badly damaged. Right now I am waiting for 'Conjuration' and 'Ocelot.' They both had blooms ready to bust. Both are new to me this year and I am going to be so disappointed if they were ruined! I also had another one with buds but I am not exactly sure which one it was yet.

....Can you tell patience isn't my strongest virtue?

The storm got some of the buds but not all of them. So here is....

'Ocelot'

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Nice pics, love Wintry Sky, and Ocelet is stunning!

Sandy

Here's another view of 'Ocelot'

Another new one for me this year.
'Scarlett O'Harlett'

'Conjuration'

This one is so pretty I have to post another view of it
'Conjuration'

This message was edited Apr 26, 2006 8:06 PM

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow, Conjuration is blooming very early for you! Mine is a late bloomer in the garden and one of my favorites. Get's over 4 feet tall. I just love Jurassic Park, hadn't seen it before.

Anxious probably doesn't have wide enough falls for you Margie.
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/25672/

I didn't really know it was early for Conjuration. My flowers are so mixed up this year because of the mild winter. Last year Anxious started blooming in February and that was my first flower. This year it was late March when any of them did anything! Just can't figure it out. That's mother nature for you.

This message was edited Apr 27, 2006 7:25 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.