Age Old Horror! Bunnies

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi Lily Lovers,
I am sure this has come up before, but I am new and so discouraged. My lilies are coming up and the bunnies have eaten several of the tops.Does this mean that they will not bloom.?Boo Hoo> I went to the store and bought Liquid Fence. I will spray tonight. Will this help or does anyone have better suggestion. I also layed rose stem clippings over top of peeking lilies to discourage them.This is just killing me! Thank you,Lesley

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I found the only way to keep yhem out of my roses was a fence. I haven't had any problems with rabbits since my neighbor got a cat that stays outside.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hi Lesley, welcome to DG!

I've had many troubles with bunnies over the years. Liquid Fence works pretty well but you have to be diligent and follow the directions. However, the best thing I've found so far (and started using last year) is Plantskydd. Works better and has the added bonus of being effective for the entire season with 1 or 2 applications. I opt for 2 applications ~ rather be safe than sorry when it comes to my lilies.

Good luck!

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Moby....please more info on Plantskydd. Where do you get it and how much.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

http://www.plantskydd.com/

Sounds like it ought to work. I need something too...have been using Deerscram, but more the better to save those lilies, I think!

http://www.deerscram.com/

I thank you.....my sister thanks you....and my mother thanks you!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks tabasco!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Bunnies don't like plain old flour. I used to sprinkle it on the tulips.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Marie ~ I was able to purchase Plantskydd at my local Earl May for about $14

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

I just sprayed all my lilies, Hosta's, etc... with Plantskydd - It just arrived yesterday-- It does STINK. After I sprayed-- I saw NO bunnies.
My husband said he saw one coming into our yard and he actually sniffed and then RAN the other way-- I think it is working!

Moby......uhhhh.....what is an Earl May? Is that a Nebraska thing?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Sorry ~ Earl May is a nursery chain but apparently only in NE, IA, KS and MO. Try your local nursery and if they don't carry it, perhaps they could order. It can be ordered online if nothing else.

Oh dear.....another reason to 'browse' my way through some nurseries. With my luck I'll have to visit several before I find some bunny repellent.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Always a good idea to hit several stores to compare prices. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.