Apple Gourd seeds

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

After looking at these threads and the pretty apple gourds, I want some Apple Gourd seeds any one willing to trade or share. See my list of things I can trade under seed swap.

Lavina

Crossville, TN

LavinaMae...I'll be glad to send you some...send me your mailing address....Jo

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Lavina Lindsey
2608 East Garner rd
Raleigh,NC 27610

Do I need to send you envelope stamps, etc?

Lavina

Crossville, TN

Lavina...I am so sorry...I forgot to come back to this thread!! I will get you some gourd seeds out no later than this Friday!! Jo

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Thanks I need to figure out how to use them as crafyts also does anyone have a good web site to visit/

Lavina

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Lavina,

Read this link. Wow, almost a year ago!

Ornamental Gourds: Some links to give your thoughts & Ideas a 'Stir' http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/504830/

~* Robin

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Wow I never knew there was so many different kinds of gourds. I have got the apple now and the bottle. Didn't know there is a small bottle. Hum.
We have a long fence line around the kennel and I am gonna pot up all the gourds I get and put them on the fence line.
I love to tole paint and this may be an additcion to my other crafts.LOL
DH thinks I'm nuts anyway as I do things then give most away.

Thanks for the links as I am learning a lot.

Lavina

Crossville, TN

Lavina, That is the satisfaction of doing crafts....giving them away to friends. Since no one would pay for all the time and labor that goes into some of the crafts, the satisfaction will come from someone appreciating the gift! Jo

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Oh yeah I got the seeds Saturday and the ones from Austria are odd. I have all the planted

Lavina

Crossville, TN

Good...I look forward to pictures...Jo

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Man my gourds are comming up. They look great so far. We are having a few nights of cool weather will it hurt them?

I hope I have lots to grow. They are beginning to fasinate me. I love the crafts people have done.

Lavina

Starkville, MS

Lavina - remember that they will cross pollinate. If you want to get true seed, you have to separate the different types. But if you plant them close together you can get the most *interesting* gourds!!!! I hope to get some true this year and then play with mixes after that.

Crossville, TN

you can "hand pollinate" a couple of blooms for True seeds. I've never done it though. Jo

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Oh boy am I glsd you guys gave me this info. O would have wondered what was going on when none were true thingies so I will put way away from each other.

Thanks Ladies

Lavina

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Lavina, did you realize you pretty much wrote "addiction" instead of addition? LOL!!! I can identify!

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

brigidlily yelp I am now addicted to trying to plant and grow flowers/gourds. etc.

LOL
Lavina

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I KNOW THE FEELING! I've finally put the passion to the soil, and have a lot more plants than sense. And I'm loving every minute of it. I've eaten my first nasturtium (surprisingly peppery) and get through the day by knowing I've got what it takes to squish aphids with my bare hands. HA.

Ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.