Suggestion please!

Chickamauga, GA(Zone 7a)

I have a double Shephards hook that will have a hummingbird feeder on one side and I bought one of those hangging baskets with the brown moss or whatever it is lining it. What would be good to grow in this next to a hummingbird feeder? I dont mind if it were to wrap around things or hang down to the ground or whatever. Just a few suggestions would be nice. Prefferablly something easy and simple I can just water and fertalize once in a while :)

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Tidal wave petunias...not the regular Wave, but the Tidal wave. I have never seen a plant fill out a basket so fast and look so great all summer. They come in cherry and silver/lavendar colors

Chickamauga, GA(Zone 7a)

I just looked them up and saw a few pics of some of the lavendar/silver they are soo pretty! Thanks for the idea! Now are these something I can easily pick up at a Walmart or lowes? or do I need to special shop??

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Not sure...I have seen the waves at Lowes/home depot, but I am thinking that the Tidals waves may be hit or miss. A good nursery that carries quality annuals should have them. I put 3 plants in a large hanging basket ( the 3.5" pots...18/flat size) Petunias are fairly heavy feeders, so keep an eye on the leaves to make sure its getting enough nitrogen. You will love them! Full sun

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.