Isabelle, School Days Part 2

Lyndonville, NY

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/582146/ Old thread

I am starting a new thread for Isabelle, hers is getting rather long.

She has had a busy two days. And tonight was rough. We went to puppy classes, she did really good. But I accidentally caused her some pain. She has a new lead, it is called a gentle lead that is on the lines of a horse harness and she has been doing great with it.

Well, I have very bad eyesight...and coordination, and Belle was acting up. I got her lead on and she kept pawing at it...pulled it off twice. So I tightened it a tiny bit, and put it back on. Well, class didn't go as easy, she was not very cooperative. After class, I took off her lead, and it had been so uncomfortable, there were marks around her muzzle from it cutting in. I felt terrible and sat there and just rubbed her little muzzle to get circulation into it and her feeling better.

Sue took a look at it and I had not only over corrected the issue, but put the lead on upside down so it was pulling the wrong way. Poor girl!

Isabelle did do her heeling much better this week and her sit/stay. Down was another issue! haha
She has been enjoying her daily walks on the sidewalk and each day we go a little further.

Tomorrow is a new day....and I hope a better one!

Debbie

This message was edited Mar 31, 2006 10:39 PM

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
This thread has 223 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!