Spring has arrived!!

East Hampton, NY

Let the games begin!!

Thumbnail by Lmdobbs
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Yippee!!! Here are some of mine

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
East Hampton, NY

Nice assortment!! What kind of flower is second one down on the left hand side?

I took some more pictures today.

LD

Thumbnail by Lmdobbs
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Don';t you LOVE it!!!!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Sorry - the middle left flower are Snow Glories! Here are some more shots..

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

LD, I like the Snow Glories, 'Chinodoxa', too.
They multiply fast. They also have very large dark redish marble seed pods.
They are all over my lawn, perennial beds, under a huge Butterfly Bush and today I found one in the strawberry patch.
Here is a cluster under that B'Bush. Note the cluster coming up to the left.
They are each about 1 inch wide.
Andy P

PS, Anita, I love the collages, how long does it take you to assemble one?

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Thank you! It takes two minutes, Andy. I use http://www.lumapix.com/

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Sigh. Spring is here, I suppose. It came with giant snowflakes today. Snowed off and on all day. Snow,snow, go away. I do have Tete a Tetes and a single nameless yellow daffodil blooming and my Cornus mas and quince are out. My main crop of daffs will be out soon. I have many buds. last year was pretty poor for daffys because we had 27 days of rain in March. But they all seem to be back now. I am waiting for Salome, Mt. Hood and Thalia plus the unnamed ones from the bag of 50 I planted when I first got here 23 years ago. I also found the 8 packs of daffodils at homey D's this year and have cheated in my hanging baskets and window boxes with them. when they are done, they will go into the ground to await next year.
martha

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Martha - that is a good idea! A nice way of getting color in more places than the traditional ones

Weare, NH

Ok,

I'm jealous, Up here in the great white north of New Hampshire, WE only have buds and a few Dafs peeking up through the soil as of yet.

On the other hand, that would mean they might be here later intot growing season.....

Dennis

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.